• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Sapphire Launches Pure Platinum A85XT Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Now that the cat is out of the bag with Trinity, AMD's latest APU, motherboard manufacturers are announcing their product offerings geared towards the new platform. First up is a beefy board from Sapphire, the Pure Platinum A85XT motherboard. Though one of my personal favorite video card brands -- especially when overclocking said GPUs -- I have yet to take a Sapphire motherboard for a test drive. Let's see what this new board brings ...

... Return to article to continue reading.

did sapphire just start making motherboards? this is the first ive heard of them making them :shrug:

Sapphire has been making mobos for a long time. They used to be known for their "Pure White" mobos that were actually white (although the slots-etc were all circus clown colors) and now they have moved on to the "Pure Black" (Black PCB, blue slots)and now "Pure Platinum" names, although I have no idea what looks or is "Platinum" on them.
white.jpg
SapphirePW.JPG

Last edited:
OEM="Original Equipment of Manufacture". Boards that are not typically sold as retail aftermarket components but ship in mass-produced computers like HP and Dell and Gateway.

Back