• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NZXT Phantom 630 Full Tower Case Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

During our recent visit to CES in Las Vegas, we stopped by to see the folks from NZXT. They were proudly displaying the next generation Phantom design, this time called the 630. The Phantom 630 falls within the Crafted series of chassis, which is where most of their higher end cases are grouped. Let's find out how well NZXT did with the newly designed Phantom, and if it's a worthy contender in the competitive full tower case market.

... Return to article to continue reading.

Thank you for the in-depth review. :) Just as an FYI, The 630 should be being produced with thumbscrews for the expansions slots now. If someone receives a unit that doesn't have thumbscrews, but wants them, we can send some out.

I like it, but IMO NZXT will never match the original Phantom. that case looked so amazing and I was seriously considering it for my current build before being hammered by the SR-2's size...

Either way, I love reading case reviews. How many computers have you built just to test (review) things?

IT actually reminds me of the Raven, just a little rounded instead. Man Im impressed with the case and thanks for the excellent review. Through and informative. :clap:

I've had one of these cases for a week or 2 & really like it. I did replace the top 200mm fans with 140mm so they would pull air through the Kraken X60 radiator only, not through the other top openings like the 200mm fans did. I also replaced the front 200mm fan with a 140mm, since about only about 1/2 of the 200mm fan is open to the front of the case. All that's just personal preference. One quibble, though; I'd like to see some air opening in the door to the 1 5/4 drive bays. I have a couple HD docks in there & I'd like to get more air to them. Maybe I'll play case modder on that.

Well, if you do play case modder, be sure to share pics. It's good for MFG's and other modders to get inspiration from outsider's ideas :)

Back