• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI R9 280X Gaming 3G Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

By now we have all seen the many reviews published on AMD’s ‘new’ GPU lineup. Outside of the 290 and 290x, the mid-range and down were essentially a refresh of the last generation cores. Most of what Overclockers.com brought to you was of the reference type, outside of the HIS R9 280x. This time around, we have an MSI R9 280x Gaming card to take a look at. This card uses the same Twin Frozr IV cooler found on previous generation cards, so we should have a cool, quiet running card on our hands. Let’s take a look at MSI’s offering and see how it stacks up!

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes but many 7970's were capable of 1250-1300 core and 1800-1950 mem

while i like how well the mem oc'd on this the 1225 core seems to be just meh really but respectable.

my only problem is that considering these are revisions or rebrands i half expected slightly better performance than the previous gens or better binning perhaps / more refined considering its going to be in production for another year or two.

its respectable no doubt but nothing new or ground breaking to me.

These mine very well, those Hynix chips are awesome...easy 760kh/s with lowish clocks and volts.

Price is really good, and a pair in xfire would be an ultimate setup :D
I didn't know the new Twin Frozr was so good, wow.

Back