• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE AMD Introduces Ryzen 3 3100 and 3300X Desktop Processors and B550 Chipset Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

AMD Introduces Ryzen 3 3100 and 3300X Desktop Processors and B550 Chipset Motherboards

The AMD Ryzen 3 3100 and AMD Ryzen 3 3300X represent the fastest ever AMD Ryzen 3 desktop processors, bringing world-class desktop performance to mainstream gamers.

Click here to view the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am betting these are chips that failed to become 3600's and above. That said, that is cool, as long as they work as advertised.

I can't say a whole lot at this time but they're the newer Zen2 architecture just 4 core 8 threads

With the launch of these new CPUs and motherboard chipsets so close together, it makes me wonder if they are intended to go together from a power consumption standpoint. Will the B550 chipset boards also be able to handle 3600/3600X/3700/3700X? I realize the TDP ratings are the same but when you really tax the latter you're going to get some separation.

Damn good price for a Plex server cpu at $100. Toss in a 1650 Super and you should be good to go for all major transcoding needs

With the launch of these new CPUs and motherboard chipsets so close together, it makes me wonder if they are intended to go together from a power consumption standpoint. Will the B550 chipset boards also be able to handle 3600/3600X/3700/3700X? I realize the TDP ratings are the same but when you really tax the latter you're going to get some separation.

I'm going to say yes but it will depend on the board layout as to how well the board "handles" the higher TDP

I actually really like AMD's low end CPUs, may be my inner AMD fanboy but they always seem solid for the price and good for the basics. Had a little Zotac prebuilt based around an E-450 APU for an HTPC in college and did a Athlon 5350 build as a NAS. A second HTPC for the living room has been calling my name, and something like a 3100 with a passive GPU may answer.

Back