• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE MSI Z170A Gaming M7 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Tick, tock... Tick, tock...Tick, tock... Tick....and tock. Outside of being the monotonous sounds of a ticking clock, it is also a representation of Intel's manufacturing and design model of their CPUs. The 'tick' represents a process shrink, while the 'tock' is to introduce a new microarchitecture technology. In that light, we hold in our hands Skylake, Intel's new CPU, but more specifically the new chipset that goes along with it named, Z170 (code name Sunshine Point - I am not making that up!). Overclockers.com was lucky enough to get a couple of boards and CPUs from our partners. Lvcoyote did a great job on his review of the i7 6700K CPU, and now it's my turn to show off MSI's motherboard, the Z170A Gaming M7. This board promises to be excellent for gaming and should be solid for overclocking as well. It's time to dig in and see what the Gaming M7 is made of!

Click here to view the article.

Well written review there, Joe. That's a pretty nice looking motherboard :)

Nice Joe, thanks. I will admit that I enjoyed my MSI MPower board's UEFI BIOS better than the ASUS iteration I'm on now. What you've displayed here looks very familiar. I'm anticipating getting back to an MSI next go-round. And your review helped solidify that. I'll keep reading reviews, but with prejudice.:p

Back