• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1066 or dual ddr?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trend

My setup is in my sig, should i forgot that and wait and get dual ddr?

are there any dual ddr mobos out?

thanks-lee

yeah, i was looking at link .. that is what got me interested.. but a couple of months..
i want to play neverwinter now! ;)
5000MB/sec vs 3300MB/sec, i don't see much of a difference ...
well, if i overclock the 1066 to lets say 1200.. i would get 3,714.822MB..hmmmm... i do'nt know if i could wait, becuase the board i have picked out below (the k7ii r ) is very very very nice in oc ing ability and i would think that other manufactors would take a bit to get something nice as this one.

I know it says oct or nov, when do you think they would come out with a nice motherboard with dual ddr support?

earlier or later?

--
i really like the 5gigabyte/sec limit

help! :)

A little before. MSI is usually the first to introduce new features/chipsets into there motherboards, but are less than desireable overclockers. You can wait,(I will):D . When Gigabyte, ABIT or ASUS release a dual DDR board, jump on it!:)

well, my mobo and ram is going to cost around 300 bucks,, i guess i could sell that and still get atleast 200 for it.. i will upgrade asap :)

Dual DDR. DDR is around 93% effecient, so, say, 3200 will run real world 2976MB/s,(.93x3200). So PC3200 Dual DDR will run 5,952MB/s Real World.

RAMBUS is around 75% effecienet. PC1066 runs around 3200MB/s real world.

:)<--Link

so thats whats up with rdram and ddrram i allways thought how can 333mhz memory compete with 800mhz memory now i know why thanks penguin.

Wilhelm

yeah, thanks for the all the help, you convinced me as well as my bank account being reset to null every month that i should wait :)

thanks-lee

wilhelm310 said:
so thats whats up with rdram and ddrram i allways thought how can 333mhz memory compete with 800mhz memory now i know why thanks penguin.

Wilhelm

The 800mhz rdram uses a 16 bit interface... So that´s why it isn´t just 4 times faster than a 200mhz regular module...

Penguin4x4 said:
Dual DDR. DDR is around 93% effecient, so, say, 3200 will run real world 2976MB/s,(.93x3200). So PC3200 Dual DDR will run 5,952MB/s Real World.

RAMBUS is around 75% effecienet. PC1066 runs around 3200MB/s real world.

:)<--Link
DDR SDRAM is 93% efficient due to single channel memory controllers. Dual channel DDR SDRAM is no more efficient than dual-channel RDRAM, as is evidenced by the memory performance of the Intel E7500 (dual DDR) and Intel 860 (dual RDRAM). The Asus P4T533 is about 80% efficient and uses PC1066 RDRAM. Wait for it to reach the retail channel, and then buy it along with a RIMM4200 (32-bit PC1066 RIMM).

Back