• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cheap network adapters for your farm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No thanks. I've got a virtually unlimited supply of free NICs. In fact, I just got a shiny new pair of free 10/100/1000 Mbps, and I'm waiting to see if I can get a gigabit switch, too :D.

It's good to know people ;).

What brand on those gig's? I've tried dlink and linksys, and so far I'm wanting to stick with the intel eepro.

D-Link. I don't know about the quality, and I haven't installed them yet, but since the price is right (either free or at cost on all dlink products), I'm not gonna complain. :)

Gravity Man said:
No thanks. I've got a virtually unlimited supply of free NICs. In fact, I just got a shiny new pair of free 10/100/1000 Mbps, and I'm waiting to see if I can get a gigabit switch, too :D.

It's good to know people ;).

Hmm... free gigabit NICs. Ya, I think I'd stay with those, too. ;)

For me, though, without free NICs, and with only a 10Mb hub (24port for $10!), these will be great. And hopefully reduce the number of machine crashes I have that seem to be NIC- and/or network-related. I'm hoping USB turns out to be the answer, anyway. :)

Back