• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-1200 Rdram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

acesea

PC-1066 is out already. Samsung is already making this ram, as is Asus making chipsets for this. But when is PC-1200 going to come out? Will it be compatible with PC-1066 or do we need new motherboards? Is it worth the wait for 4.2gb bandwith? Or can we easily overclock PC-1066 to PC-1200?

I would just be ocing your ram at the moment because correct me if I am wrong but don't intel plan to eventually dump rdram in favour of dual ddr?

The new Rambus is supposed to replace PC-1066, so you probably won't see PC-1200. It's true, DDR seems to be breaking ahead, but Rambus will still be in the game for a little longer.

I read somewhere that (i believe) next year, INTEL will be phasing out RDRAM in favour of DDR ram. I think they believe that the price/performance is much better on the DDR side then compared to the premium of a price for the RD.

Back