• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy samsung pc2700?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gozma

Newegg is now out of the 256 and 512 sticks. Whats the next place to buy it where i can get the good sticks. Googlegear?

Samsung

This is no longer on my list of good memory. there seems to be too much risk of getting an average PC2700 stick rather than a phenomenal stick.

I wouldn't buy memory right now unless you absolutely need it anyway, the prices are too high.

well i am buying a setup..... so i need it. What would u reccomend then?

Memory

Mushkin PC3000

or Corsair XMS PC3200 if you can afford it.

Maybe stoop to getting an XP and AMD kt333 motherboard to save yourself enough money to afford the rising costs of ram. ;)

Re: Memory

Arkaine23 said:
Mushkin PC3000

or Corsair XMS PC3200 if you can afford it.

Maybe stoop to getting an XP and AMD kt333 motherboard to save yourself enough money to afford the rising costs of ram. ;)

Stoop? Since when is paying less for a superior product considered stooping? Judging by the RAM speeds you're trying to push this guy into, I'd say you like overpaying. You go right ahead. Maybe 2700 is more than this guy needs, we don't know.

For those of you who LIKE saving money, here's two places to go:
Pricewatch and Reseller Ratings

The first is to find a seller who sells at a good price, the second is to check and see what their customers think of them.

I would stay away from Samsung. I have tried to use it in 3 clients systems, with no success.
The first time the memory was defective, replaced it w/ Crucial PC2700. Rock solid
2nd time it would not go over 140fsb, replaced w/ Corsair XMS PC-2700. Got it to 156fsb, stable.
3rd time it was flaky, got all kind of memory related BSOD. Replaced w/ Kingmax PC2700, no more BSOD.

I would get the Corsair, it O/C's well and is resonably priced.

Back