• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Right way to do the Flash BIOS trick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

john deere

Registered
I´m going to try the flash BIOS trick to increase the default core voltage on my Celeron 600cB0/BH6/MSI6905-system.

When doing this, do I have to use some special string of commands (SN/CC/ etc) after typing "awdflash" in DOS or can I just run the flasher by typing "awdflash" + ENTER and let the program do it´s job?

The reason for this question is that depending on where you look, there are different instructions for the Flash BIOS trick. Some say "just flash the BIOS" (which to me means that you run awdflash.exe and follow the instructions on the screen), some say you should use only /CC after "awdflash" and some say you should type a long string om commands after "awdflash".

Is there a exact way that this should be done or is the important thing that I just flash BIOS?

Note: The Flash BIOS trick is when you change default core voltage by raising vcore to the highest possible (i.e. 1.7 v for a Celeron 600 cB0 which has a default core voltage of 1.5) in the Softmenu, and then flash your BIOS.

/John

Back