• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What boards have the PCI lock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Get an Abit BD-7II and a 1.8a P4. 2400MHz for sure, maybe 2700. It will kill any celeron, and the cost difference between the IT7 and the BD7 will finance the 1.8a instead. Best value out there for Intel systems.

The P4B533 is great but it and the IT7 cost a mint compared to the BD7-II. Functionally the BD7 is every bit the equal of the other two, so spend the difference where it can really do you some good... on the cpu.

The P4S533 Asus is very nice as well, and since the 1.8a doesn't need much more than 150fsb it merits consideration. Other than 845e's 175MHz fsb capability it has it all. It is inexpensive, like the BD7, and is actually a tick faster than the 845 under many circumstances. Just don't count on more than 150fsb from it (and the onboard sound and lan may quit at that, mine do).

if i lock my pci/agp bus frequency, what should I lock it to? I have a bd7ii - 1.8a @ 2.3mhz (129 fsb) on a 1:1 divider. Right now my pci/agp bus frequency is set to "ext 3/clock". something like that..

Back