• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IT7Max2 and Serial ATA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wado1

ok, i just built my system with 1.8a, XMS3200, and a WD 80gig hd but for the life of me i cant get my harddrive to be recognized when i use the SATA adapter....anybody have the same problem or the solution?

Same problem here...got a RAid setup on the "yellow" IDE contact and the board finds them right. But then I wanted to try the serial ATA on my WD 80 Gigga, but the controller will not find it.

WE did miss somting....let's hope some one can tell HEHE

Mine wouldn't see my 40g Maxtor until I made sure the jumper for the drive was set to "master" rather than "cable select" where it was before.

:cool:

nweng, u were right.....i changed the jumper to master and it recognized it but after the raid initialized it got stuck at verifying DMI info(something like that). I then looked at handout/diagram that came with the board and it shows the jumper all the way to the left. After changing the jumper all the way to the left, all went well..... THANK YOU.....damn i love this forum.

Hmmm..... what jumper is that ?

I have tried now CS and MASTER, the J3 and the J4 and the bloody thing will not find it.

Whats the jumper name? or what page in the manuls :D ?

its the jumper on the hard drive.....the cs is all the way to the right....and the one u need for it to recognize is all the way on the left.....look at the serrillel ata diagram that came with the motherboard.....it shows u how to hook it up.

JAVLA SKIT!!!

When I converted to this board the drive was fine on my old system so I did try to hook it up to serial right away.

The Drive seem damaged somhow, it's connected to a normal IDE right now and during "detecting ide..." it just takes forever and somtims the drive will not be found ??

Time to send it back to the store or what ??

The drive is formatting now in windows reeeeealy sloooooow :(

Anyone with a WD that had this problem in the past?

i have a western digital 80gig with a 8mb cache and it seems like the system actually moves a little faster since i got my SATA to work......if it wont recognize follow the diagram to a TEE.

The problem is I don't know what diagram you are talking about. To my other boards there have been a separate Highpoint manual, did not get one in this box.

You are talking about the manual for highpoint?

if so ....can you make a picture or something to show me?

the diagram is on one piece of paper dedicated to serial ata..its just one sheet....i wish i had a scanner......do this.....set the jumper on your hardrive all the way to the left.....the opposite side of CS.....then hook it back up to the sata.....hopefully that will work..

I have the 2Mb drive 80Gb, maybe not the same jumpering ? The jumper all the way left opposite the CS does not work.

Hope someone can scan that sheet .....

Does it show different drives how to? ...if so ...are there any difference on the 2 MB ?

Hmmm....

When changing system could I have lost a jumper on my drive?? I have the 10 pin drive....and only ONE jumper.

Ouote:
Single-Drive Installation

If you are installing the Caviar drive as the only IDE drive on the cable and the system plus the ribbon cable do not support Cable Select, place the jumper shunt in the neutral storage position.

end...

that would be no jumper what so ever or
...?

Can you pros give me a tip here ....thx

@wado1 I guess you have the 6 pin drive ?

i have the 10 pin(5 slots).....and one jumper.....all the way on the right is CS, the next one over is Slave, Then Master, Then an unidentified one, Then PS.....PS is the one i am using now.

I realy hate my drive will not work ....

the strange thing is that when I connect it to thew normal IDE jumpered as Master.....the detecting IDE during boot is so slow....did the drive go bad or have I messed up the jumers.

Did try all of the 5 settings.....no luck

is the serrilel adapter connected correct.....u have to connect the sata cord......a floppy connector from the power supply and and hard drive connector......that may be a little vague.....u have to have the diagram....its on one sheet of paper.....its like a handout....it totally separate from the manual.....its all about sata..

look at this pice....one of the connectors goes to the harddrive the other to the power supply....and put the jumper all the way to the left....opposite the CS.

Jepp thats how it is connected....

the cable to J3 and the 80 pin right.....

Is there no way that you or anybody can scan that diagram?

Could it be that our drives are supposed to be different connected ?

I think my bad english fooled you =) hehe

for my drive I need the 80 pin converter....

to drunk and tierd right now....will have a nother try tomorrow maybe =)

Back