• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP w/ asus p4t533

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

omniskillz

hi
i have a asus p4t533 moved it from old to my new lian li pc-68 case... power supply works , i see the motherboard light go on when i connect the power supply but when i hit the power switch there is no post, no fans go on, nothing except the power supply fan running and motherboard light steady green.... did i somehow kill this motherboard? do you think its possible to send it to asus for a warrenty replacement... any ideas on something else that might be causing it not to run?

thx

This happened to me...the mobo light is on but it wouldnt turn on...there was a leak and water got on my video card...I thought I lost it all but as soon as it dried. It booted right up.

You might also double-check your cable connections to EVERYTHING, including the floppy power to make sure that everything is in correctly. I remember when ATX power supplies were new if the floppy's power was on 2 of the 3 pins it made that neat poof and smelled like burnt bacon. :mad:

I had the same problem, but it was also because of a water leak that got into the memory slots. After I wiped it all down and dried, it worked fine - except that the P4T533 sucks butt and wouldn't run stable even at stock speeds (before or after my water leak).

well guys took me long enuff, but i reset everything... case fans all work, hard drive goes on, cd rom goes on, but cpu fan does not.. i moved it to the power supply fan jack on the motherboard and it worked... so the cpu part of it is not working for somereason... can it be a dead chip or something just wrong with the board in that area?? damn this sucks ***.. help with ideas please

Back