• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gold Pin fell off! WHAT TO DO?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tripwire

is there any way to repair a pin on my DDR? One of the gold cotacts just slid off the CB. Is there anyway to re-attach it? or am I just stuck with some dead DDR?

I just purchased it from someone on the forums, and do to incorrect packaging, the pin came detatched. I'll see if he can give me the info to RMA it to Infineon. Im really bummed right now, and dont wanna get screwed outta 50 bux.

somebody with a some soldering skills could restore contact without too much trouble. if its totally ripped off though , superglue alone wont do it

yeah, its completely detached. It looks someone damaged also, is there when I can get a new lead? My dad could solder it no problem... but first Im gonna see if I can get this stick RMA'd to Infineon, but I dont think thats gonna happen.

could I use a conductive pen to fill in the spot thats missing the pin? or would that rub off when I inserted it into the slot?

sadly, I dont... exchanged my Digi CAM for a camcorder. Its pretty simple to imagine tho. Just imagine that one of the gold pins was COMPLETELY off. Im not sure WHICH pin it is exactly by number, but its the 3rd from the end, on the side with the more pins. its either pin#3, or pin#181. Or maybe Im completely off, someone could post a diagram of the pin assignments, that'd be great.

i have the same ram :cool: mine has nothing wrong with it. Request you rmoney back from the person that sold it to you.

I'd try to get your money back, or get an RMA.

If neither of those are an option, I'd try a repair.

Conductive pen might just work.

TheFrag said:
i have the same ram :cool: mine has nothing wrong with it. Request you rmoney back from the person that sold it to you.

did I specify what ram it was? lol, Im lost.

thanks tho guys. I'll see if Infineon will replace it, and if not, I'll ask the seller for my monye back. Do you guys think Im entitled to a refund, considering I didn't cause the damage?

tripwire said:
I'll see if he can give me the info to RMA it to Infineon. Im really bummed right now, and dont wanna get screwed outta 50 bux.

Infineon takes alot of work to get an RMA, 99.9% sure they will say , 'return it to the dealer you got it from'

I once had an Infineon sdram pc133 stick that caught on fire, yes fire....(And it wasnt overclocked)

It was like pulling teeth getting them to replace it, but I held my ground and finally they sent me a new stick.

I would really hate for something like this to happen to me but I do not think that the person you bought it from has to return your money to you. My cousin owns a used car lot. When you buy used cars you sign an as-is agreement saying that if anything that goes wrong with the car after purchase then he is not held responsible. I could see if it came to you broke but I dunno bout this. I say you just RMA it.

problem being that if Infineon wont replace it, Im just Sh*t out of luck, because the guy doesn't remember where he bought it. Just some small internet site.. u all know how that goes.

I WOULD NOT use grease. When you put the ram back in, the grease would smear all over and short out other pins next to it. It is a very tight fit into the DIMM slot.

i would say alittle contact with the person you bought it from is in order... someone who's done alot of trades? and has good heatware and references? personally it sounds like you bought already damaged RAM.. i dont see how "improper packaging" could rape a stick so badly it caused one of those pins to come completely detached but thats just me.

John

Back