• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4T533 Whats your BEST OC with this MoBo?!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gruvin2

Just got this MoBo recently.

What's your highest FSB you've gotten "Stable"

Please all post and see who's cranked the most outa this Mobo.

I was thinking of getting this board. Does it overclock with Jumpers? setting in the bios? any trouble with this board?

It overclocks in the bios. I've only tried it up to 162 4X FSB with Sandra showing 4052/4054. It runs completely stable at 155 4X. My CPU and memory are limiting my overclock. The performance is very impressive. I like this board. There's a noticeable overall speed increase in everything that doesn't just show up in benchmarks. And it's very stable. Asus corrected the power circuitry problems that affected the earlier boards.

yes, i have the same board toymaker and i am also interested in knowing how you got ur fsb so high. In the bios i dont even see a 160 option. I have mine at this current configuration bcuz it gives me the highest benchmarks on 3dmark se. I did have the cpu to upto 3.15 but my marks were lower with the higher fsb's. Of course i had to increase the core voltage oterwise the system either wouldnt boot or the 3dmark test would crash. So if u can explain how u got this particular board to get that high would be very helpful. Btw, my mark was 16459 at this current configuration. I would like to try and get it over 17,000 without watercooling.

craghael said:
hey toymaker how did you o/c yours up to 162 I get get mine above 150...whats your secret

With the 1002 bios installed, I turned off USB and used one stick of 256 MB Samsung CT9. My P4 2.8 will go that high (162) at 1.7 vcore (1.792 actual). It's just not 100% stable. It'll do benchmarks and the majority of tasks just fine. Obviously I don't want to keep my vcore that high for very long even if it was 100% stable. To put this into perspective, my other stick of 256 MB Samsung CT9 won't go past 158 Mhz. The P4T533 will allow a FSB up to 200 Mhz. Psdoc, i think we're talking about a difference between the P4T533 and the P4T533-C.

pscdoc said:
yes, i have the same board toymaker and i am also interested in knowing how you got ur fsb so high. In the bios i dont even see a 160 option. I have mine at this current configuration bcuz it gives me the highest benchmarks on 3dmark se. I did have the cpu to upto 3.15 but my marks were lower with the higher fsb's. Of course i had to increase the core voltage oterwise the system either wouldnt boot or the 3dmark test would crash. So if u can explain how u got this particular board to get that high would be very helpful. Btw, my mark was 16459 at this current configuration. I would like to try and get it over 17,000 without watercooling.
The P4T533-C can only go to 156fsb via jumpers and 150fsb via BIOS. He has the P4T533 which will go to 200fsb via BIOS. I'm just curious, which BIOS version you are running on your P4T533-C? Ans also what kind of RAM are running?

woot, ok i got my 17,000 mark the other day. Wut seemed to make the difference was the rdram turbo mode enabled in the bios. hmm...go figure, and my first run on 3dmark03 was a astounding over 7,000 mark. But i hope the new pc1200 modules are going to be compatible with this board. I would love to get 18,000 with pure air.....

Oh and thanks for the clarification on the board, hehe...... i wish this board had that ability, dam!!!

Back