• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another 512MB RAM stick?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idgamerd

As you can see in my signature right now I have
1. CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 512MB 32MX8 PC-3200C2 With Heat Spreader
I was wondering should I maybe get anther 512MB? Like Battlefield 1942 that game takes almost all my run when running it. I mean in game if I want to go back to option screen it takes like a full minute (yea that slow).

So do you think it's worth getting another 512MB and having 1GIG. Also how will it over clock? I hear 2 stick's don’t overclock as good as one? Is that true?

Thank you.

Well, i am currently planning on doing just that, getting two 512mb Corsair PC3200 sticks. And battlefiled1942 is part of the reason i decided to. When i see my memory usage hit 511mb, i know its time for more ram.

I just fixed my problem with BF1942. It seems it wasnt the ROM but it was Virtual Memory. I use Windows XP and mine was set to 700/500 (or something like that) and I changed it to 1280/1280. Now my maps load about 2 times faster and if I press escape to go to options in game it only takes about 3sec. now

Try it, maybe it will fix it for you too. No point in wasting 180$ :)

Back