• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiming in the cash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SUPER BIG MAN

alright i got $212 saved so far for water coolin and a 5 gallon fish tank on the way. what i want from all of you is suggestions on pipe size, pump selection and i asume i shouldn't even consider using any ohter block besides the white water
I NEED SUGGESTIONS CHOP CHOP!!!

The same thing we tell anyones else.
1/2 lines
Ehiem pump
pick your heatercore at a car place in person
get a shroud
get a fan

i want to go REAL basic like not using a heator core or a shroud (whatever that is) i just want to us the fish tank waterblock and pump

You need a radiator/heatercore of some sort. Otherwise dont even bother with water-cooling.

see i was thinking of making the water kind of rain in and have a fan or two blowing on the raining water since water droplets will cool faster than a large bodie of water. correct me if i'm wrong
thanks for the site egnatz

I've seen where people make bongs out of a 5 gallon bucket. They have the shower head at the top, a hole at the top for a fan blowing in, and another to let air out.

In your case, a larger body of water will take a long time to warm up, so you should be able to get by with just a fan blowing over ther surface. I would try that to start with, then add a shower head of some sort later if needed.

good luck!

Is that evolution block cathar's design. It sure sounds like it from the description, but it seems to be made out of aluminum instead.:eh?:

*edit* nevermind, I figured it out. Nice design btw.:) :D

Last edited:
with a fan blowing over the surface you are set to go to with enough water.

that's how i just cool, a fan blowing on the surface of 25-30liter bucket full of water, keeps it right at room temp, and i need to add water when theres around 7liters or so left.. (to keep on the safe side.). this is with load on and computer up 24/7.. heck it wouldnt blow up even without the fan, the temps would just go 10-15c up.

edit: the fan i use is 15cm*15cm 24v fan driven at 12volts.. i don't know any exact type/desibel ratings, i got couple of these from a friend, these are used for ventilation in some places in paper mills.. not bad at 12v, but it looks at 12v that it's gonna go through the roof with 24volts..

Last edited:
i've been toying with the idea to get a bucketfull of snow from outside.. but.. i don't think i would gain much from it.. my mobo kinda sucks for this kind of cpu.. maybe if i'm bored enough one of these days ;)

hey super big man i didnt get my tubing there.. that however is a reliable site to buy from i might get a 2nd pump from there. uhhh... i run a 5gal bucket bong... i have a super low cfm fan oon it 80.. like i wanna say 23 cfm, but im not sure im gonna up it to a 92 mm soon or dual 80's i have a kind warm but ultra quiet system i removed the shower head and now it is just a res with a fan on it. i need to get a new shower head thats why. but uhhh, oh yah with 20 cfm blowing on my res i have a constant water temp of 27.3 my room temp is around 21 and my cpu is god knows what. all i know is its kinda warm but nice and quiet... when i put shower head on performance jump is easily noticable...

0o0o0oo....I see what your getting at!!!

Have a fish tank half full, the inlet tube at the top shoots in water droplets which a fan blows on. Then the outlet tube is at the bottom. Not a bad idea at all.

I would recommend that you use distilled water instead of plain tap. The distilled water will take away any possibilities of corrosion.

Hehe....one massive BONG.....:D :D

-JP

Back