• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

White water installed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norbe

I finally installed my white water #76 block..... I have to say that I am pretty happy with it's performance.... I lowered my temps in the order of 15 degrees celcius compared to my AVC sunflower (modified with a TDM hi speed fan) I also got a better overclock, even though I think that this cpu is not a verry good overclocker... Before I was at 2960 and actualy I am at 3050, so the diffrence is not too much .... fact is that the 2.53 was never and extreem overclocker so I don't compane much....
Actualy this is my complete rig:
CPU 2.53 @ 3.05 43 C iddle 46 full load (36 C mbo temp and 25 C water temp)
Mem : Samsung 3200
MBO: Abit IT7-Max
HD: Western Digital 120GB Special edition
CDRW: Plextor 40/12/40A
DVD: Acer
Video: Ati readon 7500 (will upgrade as soon as possible)
Cooling (all external): White water block
Eheim 1250 pump
2 maxxpert radiators
2 120mm fans to cool them
1.3 lt resevoir
Case : Lian-Li

I will post pictures tomorow.... today I am verry tired...check back and see a very "cool" system.... promise....

Those are some pretty strange temperatures being reported. 43C idle and 46C full load, with 25C water?

Then again, it sounds not too dissimilar to the sorts of temps I saw on my P4. Sometimes these P4's report pretty strange temperatures. Quite a few lads are reporting that the P4's report very close idle/full load temps even when there's clearly a huge heat load difference by looking at the water temps.

What voltage on the P4? You got 100MHz more, but is that at the same voltage? Try pointing a case fan at the waterblock/socket area. You should see temps drop off a little bit.

Glad to see you've gotten it all going though.

The temps so close don't look to strange to me.... they might be but before with the AVC I had 53C iddle to 60C full load so considering that the water mantains the temps always closer it should be more or less right. Now consider one more thing, as everyone says the ABIT is crap in reading temps so...... The Voltage is the same 1.7 Volts on the bios....(1.64 once I check it out on windows) Tomorow I am going to wire mode the CPU to 1.8 Volts and see how it goes......
BTW touching the WW block it feels cool so I presume that the real temperatures are cooler than what they apear... maybe in future I will buy a temp probe to have some real readings.....
I will let you posted on my progress......

I was going to post some pictures but I can't find the way to do it.... the browise button is gone... can someone help me out???

pic.php

pictures

Here are some picutres of the settin unfortunately the quality isn't too good....
pic.php

pic.php

view.php

pic.php

pic.php

I have to say that Y would have rather had the pictures directly on the forum .... but aparently you cant.....this s...ks:mad:

Before I placed the block I had a AVC Sunflower modified with a TDM High speed fan. My max overclock was getting windows to post at 3Ghz but I couldnt work compleately stable at more than 2.85 this with a temp at full load of 63 C.
At that time I had my Vcore set to 1.7 (1.68 more or less real), I didn't want to go higher because of those high temps...

So now I intall the WW, Eheim 1250 pump, 2lt of reservoir (more or less), and two maxxpert radiators with 120mm fans....

Actualy I can post windows at 3215 more or less, but I am 100% stable at 3125, all this with 1.8 Vcore I have a temp of 47 C iddle and 52-54 full load, my water temp is around 27 C. I know this temp readings could look a little odd but consider that the IT-7 nevver had acurate temp readings.
So what is my conclusion, well see it for yourself, in the overclockers database not many reached the 3200 with this CPU... My conclusion is that this waterblock is worth every penny they are asking for it....
In the next month I will probably build another P4 watercooled system....I have no questions on what will be my other waterblock WHITE WATER

Great job Cathar :clap: :clap:

Nice setup indeed.
I have to say the temp readings do seem odd. But its intel and I know absolute squat. So Im going to go with your statement that your getting a bad reading.

Those WW blocks look great and perform beautifully. Unfortunately, way to high priced for me.

If the prices ever drop think I will give it a shot, but until then... not gonna happen.... :(

Back