• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first Adventure with water cooling, input please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

liquidnewb

Registered
Ok so here we go i have got my shopping list together after lurking around here and extremesystems for the past few months, and reading everything i could get my eyes on from how-to's, things not to do, things to do and so on and so on you all get the point, so i have some what educated myself to my extend i do have a few questions but first let me list my build componets as far as the periphials go first.

Os- Windows 7 ultimate 64
Motherboard(sold out everywhere but ebay d***it)-Asus Crosshair IV Extreme AM3/ AMD 890FX
Processor- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3
Graphic Cards- 3x XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 (yes i checked it will support 3 way crossfire each card has to bridge slots, although the one that is labled HD-5877-xn... whatever only has one per card)
Memory- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Data Drive- 3x Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb in raid0
Os drive/game drive- 2x OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal SSD raid 0
Optical Drive-2x LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
Dedicated power supply- RAIDMAX RX-1200AE 1200W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready.

Ok so there are tjhe internals for my actual pc side of it i guess you could call it. Now to keep all this cool and achieve the clock speeds that i want i am going to need one h*** of a case and a very good liquid cooling system this is why i have been lurking for so long. If i forgot anything or you all know of something that might better suit my needs please feel free to reply and let me know, also please let me know what you think of my build.

Liquid cooling setup
I am going to have 3 seperate loops
1st loop
resevoir-pump-processor-chipset-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resevoir
2nd loop
resevoir-pump-GPU's-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resevoir
3rd loop
resevoir-pump-memory-hardrive-hardrive-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resvoir

Dedicated power supply-XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.(just for the liquid cooling and the fans and controllersw)

3x Lamptron FC-8 Fan Controller - Black
3x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir
6x Black Ice GTX Xtreme 480 Radiator (yes you read correct 6 radiators, I KNOW I KNOW overkill much, but ive always been the type go big or dont go, and the h*** with starting simple and working to advanced)
Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control
Koolance CPU-370 Liquid Cooling Extreme CPU Block - Rev. 1.2
2x Danger Den Aqua Drive Hard Drive Water Cooler
3x Koolance VID-AR687 Radeon HD6870 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
4x Koolance RAM-33 Ram Liquid Block
3x Koolance INS-FM17N Coolant Flow Meter
3x Custom Thermal-Star / Bitspower Liquid Cooling Temp Probe Display

20 feet Tygon Silver Antimicrobial Tubing - 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) - Silver
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 3/4 OD" Tubing - UV Blue

and then i am going to have 8 fans on each radiator in push pull i am looking for fans around 64-70 cfm at 1500 rps or so i have found some but i cant get ahold of anyone that has 48 of them, this is ok though i may just order them as i can, it will take me a while to build this rig anyway i am going to estimate 2-3 weeks just sleeving all my cable alone.

The case i have found to sueeze all of this in is actually 2 cases

The case is going to be made to fit together so it appears as 1 Made by mountain mods

Bottom half(where both power supplys, radiators, 48 fans for the radiators, 12 case fans for exaust, my fan controllers, flow meter, and power buttons will be located)

Extended U2-UFO
left side and right side will have tripple quad pannels
the front will have the duality pannel with the bays on bottom, and 6 120mm fan cutouts on top.
the back will be a custom panel just like the front except 2 powersuplly cutouts instead of device bays.
The top will be solid with a smiley face cut into it, for tube routing and wire routing.

The top half

Extended U2-UFO
front opti 1203 panel with bays on bottom(extra large bays incase i decide to add something later or go with bay resevoirs instead)
left side big window panel
right side big window panel
back will be the tstand panel with horizontal motherboard brace.

I am undecided on what finsh to go with but i will figure that out in the next week or two while i am still fine tuning my design.

I know what fittings i am going to use for my connections, but i do not want to use hose between the 4 memory block, or the 3 GPU block, so what would be the best fittings to get where they will just connect directly from block to block, that way i only have one hose in, and one hose out. Also i am wondering where the best place is to by cable sleeves and cable extensions. And the lastly i am undecided on what kind of coolant to run, i read somehwere that if i use silver hose, and no alluminum on the internal of my loop, then all i have to do is run distilled water, is this true what do you all think? I have read probably 100 different arguments on what to use and what not to use.

Like i say it will be a little while before i get some pics up and actually get the build going becuase i want to have everything planned out and designed out D*** near 100% if i can that way i dont have to reorder and wait and and that c***. I am also going to be purchasing my products in 3 different stages so this will be a long term build i do hope that you all will bare with me as i know most builds do not take this long, but since this is my first build i am going to take it slow, and i also have to finance it with cash, lol so it will take a few paychecks to get it all.

Stage 1 order case(will happen within 3 weeks)
1a assemble case make sure everything fits together like its suppose to.
1b post pics of case
1c take case appart for easy access to bottom half

State 2 order radiators, fans, power supply, tubing, wire sleeves and extensions, and also fan controllers, temp guages.
2a leak test radiators.
2b install fans onto radiators.
2c power up make sure fans work.
2d install fans and radiators in bottom half of case.
2e Post pics.

Stage 3 order periphials and rest of liquid cooling.
put together install tear appart sleeve wires hid wires post as many pics as possible

Stage 4 benchmark post pics lots and lots of finished porduct.'

Thanks for all help and suggestions in advance

liquidnewb

EDIT EDIT EDIT

Ok so my first build proposal was retarded, in theory was bada** but quickly learne from the repies below that it was not, so with the help of m0r7if3r, Daemonkin, loopflow, conumdrum, ajex i have came up with a better solution for my needs, and been directed to some really steller threads that i have learned much more from(before hand thought i had it all figured out form just lurking around for a couple months, but still had much to learn)and still do have much to learn, but here is my new proposed build:

I am going to be doing a dual build my old computer updraded a little bit and then my new toy all in the same machine so here we go the new build we be labled side1 for now on, and the old updated will be labeled side 2

Case: Extended Ascension
Front panel: Trinity
Left/Top/Right panel: big window
Back panel: Duality
Finish: wrinkle powder coat black.

Side One:

PC Componets
CPU-AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz
Memory-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
GPU-2x PowerColor AX6970 2GBD5-M2DH Radeon HD 6970
HardDrives-3xWestern Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb raid0
Optical drive-2x LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
power supplu-Antec TruePower Quattro Series TPQ-1200
motherboard-Asus Crosshair IV Extreme AM3/ AMD 890FX
os-debating 7pro or 7 ultimate onyl difference i found was language packs
2x Scythe S-FLEX SFF80C 80mm Case Fan
Liquid Cooling Componets:

2xBlack Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator
2x Koolance VID-AR697 Radeon HD6970 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
1x Koolance MB-ASC4E (ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme) Liquid Cooling Motherboard Block
1xKoolance CPU-370 Liquid Cooling Extreme CPU Block
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 3/4" OD Tubing - Silver
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - UV Red
12x 120mm fans undecided again push/pull
1x Koolance RP-402X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir
2x Danger Den / Laing DDC-12V Center Inlet 18 Watt Version 3.2
loop 1 resevoir-pump-whatever looks best
loop 2 resevoir-pump-whatever looks best

Side Two
Parts from current build-
Processor: AMD Phenom x4 black edition
motherboard: Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard
Power Supply: 600 watt OCZ Stealth stream powersupply
wireless card: lynksys wireless-n pci adapter
memory: 8 gb corsair dominator ddr3(forgot the clock speed on it)
HardDrives: 2 seagate 500 gb 7200 rpm drives in raid 0
SSD: 1 120gb corsair ssd
BlueRay: 1 lg bluray r/w drive
GPU: 1 5870
2x Scythe S-FLEX SFF80C 80mm Case Fan

Liquid Cooling Setup
CHC-122 nb chipset block
CHC-125 sb chipset block
VID-AR587T2 graphic card block
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 3/4" OD Tubing - Silver
PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - UV Blue
1x Koolance RP-402X2 Dual 5.25" Reservoir
2x Danger Den / Laing DDC-12V Center Inlet 18 Watt Version 3.2
12x 120mm fans undecided on which ons again push/pull
2xBlack Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator
loop 1 resevoir-pump-whatever looks best
loop 2 resevoir-pump-whatever looks best

So this looks pretty good i think, not to much overkill and plenty of room for expansion i nice median in the middle i think, what do you all think. The only thing left is to figure out what the best compression fittings are to use with my compenets and blocks, what are ya'lls favorite fittings?

And also i am trying to figure out what are the differences between windows7 pro, and windows7 ultimate besides the language packs, is there anything that is really needed in windows7 as far as gaming advantages, and or benchmarking and overclocking?

Last edited:
Graphic Cards- 3x XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 (yes i checked it will support 3 way crossfire each card has to bridge slots, although the one that is labled HD-5877-xn... whatever only has one per card)

Why not go with fewer, more powerful cards. Scaling for 3 cards isn't great...and 5870's are getting dated as far as the high end (which it seems you are shooting for) goes.

Liquid cooling setup
I am going to have 3 seperate loops
1st loop
resevoir-pump-processor-chipset-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resevoir
2nd loop
resevoir-pump-GPU's-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resevoir
3rd loop
resevoir-pump-memory-hardrive-hardrive-radiator-radiator-flow meter-resvoir

ditch loop 3 completely. DDR3 doesn't need cooling, hard drives don't need cooling...it's just throwin money into the wind.

flow meters are a bit unnecessary, if you're gonna get em, get the nice (read: expensive) ones or they'll be useless.

Dedicated power supply-XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W ATX12V v2.2 / ESP12V v2.(just for the liquid cooling and the fans and controllersw)

sorta overkill, but w.e, do you know how to wire 2 psu's together? there's an easy way and a right way, the right way involves a relay or a special adapter for your 24pin ATX connector

3x Lamptron FC-8 Fan Controller - Black
3x Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir
6x Black Ice GTX Xtreme 480 Radiator (yes you read correct 6 radiators, I KNOW I KNOW overkill much, but ive always been the type go big or dont go, and the h*** with starting simple and working to advanced)
Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control
2x Danger Den Aqua Drive Hard Drive Water Cooler
3x Koolance VID-AR687 Radeon HD6870 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
4x Koolance RAM-33 Ram Liquid Block
3x Koolance INS-FM17N Coolant Flow Meter
3x Custom Thermal-Star / Bitspower Liquid Cooling Temp Probe Display

20 feet Tygon Silver Antimicrobial Tubing - 1/2" ID (3/4" OD) - Silver
PrimoChill Anti-Kink Coils - 3/4 OD" Tubing - UV Blue

ack...that's gonna be a mess...where to start, guess I'll work down

that's a high speed fan rad, read the skinneelabs...you sure you want that many high speed fans? They're also expensive, at ~$20 a pop, you're looking at almost $500 in FANS alone

Any reason you picked the 655 over the 355/35x?

good cpu block :thup:

ditch the hdd coolers

you vga block doesn't match your listed card

ditch the ram block (or go MIPS...ram cooling is MIPS or gtfo)

I'm meh on the flow and thermal meters...but do what you feel, it won't really affect much (unless the flow meter gets stuck and messes up your flow, which happens more than you'd think)

and then i am going to have 8 fans on each radiator in push pull i am looking for fans around 64-70 cfm at 1500 rps or so i have found some but i cant get ahold of anyone that has 48 of them, this is ok though i may just order them as i can, it will take me a while to build this rig anyway i am going to estimate 2-3 weeks just sleeving all my cable alone.

that's a ton of fans man...you're looking at $1000 in fans if you get the fans those rads like...which is just foolish...you won't ever hear me use this word, but this is complete overkill...there's so little gain from going from 1 480 to 2 with the heatload you're looking at (and the fans you should be running) that it's just foolish...you're just adding noise basically...you might even be hurting temps with restriction

The case i have found to sueeze all of this in is actually 2 cases

The case is going to be made to fit together so it appears as 1 Made by mountain mods

Bottom half(where both power supplys, radiators, 48 fans for the radiators, 12 case fans for exaust, my fan controllers, flow meter, and power buttons will be located)

Extended U2-UFO
left side and right side will have tripple quad pannels
the front will have the duality pannel with the bays on bottom, and 6 120mm fan cutouts on top.
the back will be a custom panel just like the front except 2 powersuplly cutouts instead of device bays.
The top will be solid with a smiley face cut into it, for tube routing and wire routing.

The top half

Extended U2-UFO
front opti 1203 panel with bays on bottom(extra large bays incase i decide to add something later or go with bay resevoirs instead)
left side big window panel
right side big window panel
back will be the tstand panel with horizontal motherboard brace.

I am undecided on what finsh to go with but i will figure that out in the next week or two while i am still fine tuning my design.

I know what fittings i am going to use for my connections, but i do not want to use hose between the 4 memory block, or the 3 GPU block, so what would be the best fittings to get where they will just connect directly from block to block, that way i only have one hose in, and one hose out. Also i am wondering where the best place is to by cable sleeves and cable extensions. And the lastly i am undecided on what kind of coolant to run, i read somehwere that if i use silver hose, and no alluminum on the internal of my loop, then all i have to do is run distilled water, is this true what do you all think? I have read probably 100 different arguments on what to use and what not to use.

Like i say it will be a little while before i get some pics up and actually get the build going becuase i want to have everything planned out and designed out D*** near 100% if i can that way i dont have to reorder and wait and and that c***. I am also going to be purchasing my products in 3 different stages so this will be a long term build i do hope that you all will bare with me as i know most builds do not take this long, but since this is my first build i am going to take it slow, and i also have to finance it with cash, lol so it will take a few paychecks to get it all.

Stage 1 order case(will happen within 3 weeks)
1a assemble case make sure everything fits together like its suppose to.
1b post pics of case
1c take case appart for easy access to bottom half

State 2 order radiators, fans, power supply, tubing, wire sleeves and extensions, and also fan controllers, temp guages.
2a leak test radiators.
2b install fans onto radiators.
2c power up make sure fans work.
2d install fans and radiators in bottom half of case.
2e Post pics.

Stage 3 order periphials and rest of liquid cooling.
put together install tear appart sleeve wires hid wires post as many pics as possible

Stage 4 benchmark post pics lots and lots of finished porduct.'

Thanks for all help and suggestions in advance

liquidnewb

this...is just foolish...you really need to evaluate your heatload and find something more realistic. We've had some pretty extreme builds come through (heck, look at ispano, he's got 2 5680's and 2 5790's and has less than you) and there is nothing that has even come close to this. There's going crazy and there's going crazy...you need to sit down and evaluate your goals, because the dissipation you have for your heatload (which is minimal) is absolutely unnecessary. I think you're looking to do too much, and that you'd be better off running a phase change unit or something like that that actively cools (instead of cooling with ambient air).

Unless my math is way off, 2 360s with 1800 rpm fans would cool that whole set up. Might need an extra 120 or some slightly faster fans. I say this only to point out just how insanely overkill this is.

Drop the memory and hdd cooling. Consider dropping the chipset. Lower your raddage and fan numbers. I would also consider getting primochill tubing over the tygon stuff and just use silver killcoils.

You can fit all this in a standard u2-ufo. I have one being delivered to my house as I type this. My case cost $509 with the custom powder coat.

With all this saved money you would easily be able to scale up to 580s. You will be much happier with the outcome.

Why not go with fewer, more powerful cards. Scaling for 3 cards isn't great...and 5870's are getting dated as far as the high end (which it seems you are shooting for) goes.

ditch loop 3 completely. DDR3 doesn't need cooling, hard drives don't need cooling...it's just throwin money into the wind.

flow meters are a bit unnecessary, if you're gonna get em, get the nice (read: expensive) ones or they'll be useless.

sorta overkill, but w.e, do you know how to wire 2 psu's together? there's an easy way and a right way, the right way involves a relay or a special adapter for your 24pin ATX connector

ack...that's gonna be a mess...where to start, guess I'll work down

that's a high speed fan rad, read the skinneelabs...you sure you want that many high speed fans? They're also expensive, at ~$20 a pop, you're looking at almost $500 in FANS alone

Any reason you picked the 655 over the 355/35x?

good cpu block :thup:

ditch the hdd coolers

you vga block doesn't match your listed card

ditch the ram block (or go MIPS...ram cooling is MIPS or gtfo)

I'm meh on the flow and thermal meters...but do what you feel, it won't really affect much (unless the flow meter gets stuck and messes up your flow, which happens more than you'd think)

that's a ton of fans man...you're looking at $1000 in fans if you get the fans those rads like...which is just foolish...you won't ever hear me use this word, but this is complete overkill...there's so little gain from going from 1 480 to 2 with the heatload you're looking at (and the fans you should be running) that it's just foolish...you're just adding noise basically...you might even be hurting temps with restriction

this...is just foolish...you really need to evaluate your heatload and find something more realistic. We've had some pretty extreme builds come through (heck, look at ispano, he's got 2 5680's and 2 5790's and has less than you) and there is nothing that has even come close to this. There's going crazy and there's going crazy...you need to sit down and evaluate your goals, because the dissipation you have for your heatload (which is minimal) is absolutely unnecessary. I think you're looking to do too much, and that you'd be better off running a phase change unit or something like that that actively cools (instead of cooling with ambient air).

I didnt realize that 5870's are almost outdate, but as my board supports full 16x across 3 cards i would love to have 3 cards, i read somewhere that they will work in trifire do u know if this is true if so i will go with those instead, i do not know about dropping the third loop, i no that liquid on memory isnt a must it is something i would love to have though even though it is not necessary. I will drop the harddrive cooling, after rethinking what you said a fan is plenty for 7200 rpm drives.

I think i will change my dsign to have 3 4x 120's radiators will cut my fans in half, i do know the price on fans and i do have that in budget by money saved is money saved ( go twoards different cards) and maybe i can fit it all into the regular u2-ufo

i would like to have flow meters just so i can monitor if something goes wrong somewhere, and you say if i am going to use them i should get the good ones, could you tell me which onces those are please.

I see now that my block doesnt match i will be changing it and editing my first post when i get home from the store, i am typing this on my evo while walking around the store.

and i would also like to look into this phase change idea i have never heard of this as i thought the only thing better than liquid was DICE, or lh2, or ln,

I am not sure how to do multi quote, but also thank you for the second response i am taking everything into consideration as you all know way more about liquid and advanced cooling than i do.

Thank you so much
liquid newb

Oh I forgot to say, yes I do know how to properly wire 2 power supplys together, I have done it once before and ream many articles and tutorials on how to do it

There are steps in between water and dice (And between dice and LN2...nothing between ln2 and lhe afaik though). The first option is TEC's, they can get you subambient and I have seen rigs that hover around 0c with TEC's, there's also chilled water loops, which vary pretty widely in terms of temps, but are also subambient. Then there's phase change units, a good (single stage) phase will hold -40C or so at 300-350W load. Then there's dice, which is a temporary solution, but next up is cascade cooling, which is multi-stage phase change. A really good cascade will hold -110C with 300W load. Cascades and phase change units aren't cheap though, phase will run you $500-700 and a good cascade will go for $1500-2000 (or more)...though considering you were gonna spend $1000 on fans that's not a huge issue I don't guess. The downside to phase is that it's pretty much capable of cooling 1 thing at a time and no more. You also have to insulate your board, as frost will develop and you don't want to kill anything.

For GPU's, the 5870 has been surpassed (and i'll only list flagship models) by the 5970, the 6970, the 480, and the 580 (and I suppose the 6990 and 590 as well...), the 580 is currently the beefiest single gpu card on the market, and a trio of them will run ANYTHING at maxed settings across multiple monitors (in 3d...they're hosses)

For flow meters, look at king meters, they're lab grade

There are steps in between water and dice (And between dice and LN2...nothing between ln2 and lhe afaik though). The first option is TEC's, they can get you subambient and I have seen rigs that hover around 0c with TEC's, there's also chilled water loops, which vary pretty widely in terms of temps, but are also subambient. Then there's phase change units, a good (single stage) phase will hold -40C or so at 300-350W load. Then there's dice, which is a temporary solution, but next up is cascade cooling, which is multi-stage phase change. A really good cascade will hold -110C with 300W load. Cascades and phase change units aren't cheap though, phase will run you $500-700 and a good cascade will go for $1500-2000 (or more)...though considering you were gonna spend $1000 on fans that's not a huge issue I don't guess. The downside to phase is that it's pretty much capable of cooling 1 thing at a time and no more. You also have to insulate your board, as frost will develop and you don't want to kill anything.

For GPU's, the 5870 has been surpassed (and i'll only list flagship models) by the 5970, the 6970, the 480, and the 580 (and I suppose the 6990 and 590 as well...), the 580 is currently the beefiest single gpu card on the market, and a trio of them will run ANYTHING at maxed settings across multiple monitors (in 3d...they're hosses)

For flow meters, look at king meters, they're lab grade

I don't know that I am ready for the phase stuff, I was thinking maybe put it on a pedastool, and setting up a folding machine I think that is what its called anyway where I I take my exiting machine and put it in the same case and have it run as my Linux box and then the new stuff be my gaming system I have seen this done somewhere on extreme systems and it wouldn't cost any extra to fit itbinto the case except for the liquid setup and the addition mounts and brackets, I love all the suggestions will definitely be keeping everyone up to date I will try and come up with a modified design then post it and get talks input again and then start shopping, yay I'm getting excites this is going to be a fun intense and awesome experience thanks again for all the suggestions so far keep them coming thanks.

That sounds like a pretty serious build and agree that you are better off going with 580's than all the accessory cooling. You'll have enough airflow in the UFO that the HD's and mem will be fine. Thinking of trading up to a single 580 that I can add to the wc loop myself.

just finished up a build on a H2GO and am pretty happy with it, MM makes nice cases. I went with the mirror black powder coat and it is beautiful. One 120.2 rad and another 120.1 in my loop dropped the 2600K at 4.5ghz over 10C. I'll get it tweaked a little more and maybe another 120.2 rad if I change GPU's. Pics here if your interested. Good luck!

After reading some of your alls suggestion i have decided to change up my setup just a bit, and a do appreciate all the input so far, so what do you all think about this setup.

This is going to be a folding build, meaning 2 computers in one i think i have the terminology right.

Side one
Parts from current build-
AMD Phenom x4 black edition
Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H motherboard
600 watt OCZ Stealth stream powersupply
lynksys wireless-n pci adapter
8 gb corsair dominator ddr3(forgot the clock speed on it)
2 seagate 500 gb 7200 rpm drives in raid 0
1 120gb corsair ssd
1 lg bluray r/w drive
1 5870

parts to add
CHC-122 nb chipset block
CHC-125 sb chipset block
VID-AR587T2 graphic card block
2 120.3 radiators
12 highflow fans pushpul
Maybe 2 loop
2x Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control
loop 1 resevoir-pump-cpu-nb-radiator-resevoir
loop 2 resevoir-pump-sb-gpu-radiator-resevoir
XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Split Reservoirs
Side 2

Motherboard(sold out everywhere but ebay d***it)-Asus Crosshair IV Extreme AM3/ AMD 890FX
Processor- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3
Graphic Cards-2x XFX HD-697A-CNFC Radeon HD 6970 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16
Memory- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Data Drive- 3x Western Digital Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb in raid0
Os drive/game drive- 2x OCZ Agility 2 OCZSSD2-2AGTE60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II MLC Internal SSD raid 0
Optical Drive-2x LG Black 10X Blu-ray Burner
RAIDMAX RX-1200AE 1200W ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready

MB-ASC4E chipset cooling
2x VID-AR697 (Radeon HD 6970/6950), Rev.1.1
2x Swiftech MCP655™ 12v Water Pump w/ Speed Control
XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay Split Reservoirs
120.4 radiator
120.3 radiator
2 loops (room to add later if i want)
1st loop resevoir-pump-cpu-chipset-radiator-resevoir
2nd loop resevoir-pump-GPU's-radiator-resevoir

case is up in the air as i am going to completly redesign one to fit both computers pluys the coolin into one, what would you all suggest, does this sound a little more reasonable and doable? let me know what you all think and maybe some suggestion on cases this will all fit into without having to stack 2 extended ufo's?

that's much more reasonable...though personally I might go with lower profile pumps since you'll have so many of them. You could probably fit all of that into a Pimped out ascension...you're only looking at 120.13 of rad total, and I think the ascension can take upward of 120.20, so if you talk to mountain mods you can probably get that setup for ya. Any reason you're going with 16gb of ram? That's gonna put a pretty decent amount of stress on the IMC, and amd imcs are weak to start with...it'll definitely limit your overclock on the extreme end of things.

Something of note. Start reading through skinneelabs.com and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223391 and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261778 to pick out your rad/fan combo.

that's much more reasonable...though personally I might go with lower profile pumps since you'll have so many of them. You could probably fit all of that into a Pimped out ascension...you're only looking at 120.13 of rad total, and I think the ascension can take upward of 120.20, so if you talk to mountain mods you can probably get that setup for ya. Any reason you're going with 16gb of ram? That's gonna put a pretty decent amount of stress on the IMC, and amd imcs are weak to start with...it'll definitely limit your overclock on the extreme end of things.

Something of note. Start reading through skinneelabs.com and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223391 and http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=261778 to pick out your rad/fan combo.

I figured the more ram the better, what would u recommend, and I was going with those pumps cause they were adjustable, what kind of pump would u recommended forvme loops since the are kind of small loops though there are alot of them

I figured the more ram the better, what would u recommend, and I was going with those pumps cause they were adjustable, what kind of pump would u recommended forvme loops since the are kind of small loops though there are alot of them

well...you might be able to get away with stuff from jingway, but I think i'd go with ddc's personally

well...you might be able to get away with stuff from jingway, but I think i'd go with ddc's personally

so i have decided that you all were right i can fit everything into the extended ascinsion case(hopefully if notthe offer a pedastool should i need one in the future or cant get something to fit or look nice or whatever the case may be) I am going to go big window on top, left and right sides. In the front i will go with the trinity panel for 3 120.3 in push pull, with 2 5.25 bays that will hold 3 items each so it will hold both dual bay resevoirs(do u know if the make a singe bay resevoir for side one since there will not be as much cooling going on that way i can keep all the bluray r/w in the case? if not that is cool) and atleast 1 blu ray r/w per computer. And the back panel is the duality panel with 120.3 on the top under the 2 powersupplys dont know how well this is going to work but i wil find out when i get the case. and then 4 80 mm cutouts wil be using for exaust.

So the 3 radators in the front push pull intake, radiator in the back push pull exaust 4 80mm fans in back push pull exaust, when i get the fans and radiators in i will do the old dryice in a cup of water to see how the smoke travels through the case to know if i wil need to do some different fan arrangement for maximum air flow, coming from air cooling i have done this many many times, and even though it seems very basic to tweak the airflow in the case it is very effective.

I do have a few questions, i know it was mentioned before but running silver hose, and no alluminum in my system all i really need to run is distilled water? do i need any additives i have heard miuxed arguments all over the place.

I have decided to go without the flow meters however i am going to keep temp gauges for the water temp, i found some that you can put in the resevoir, should work pretty well.

So if everything sounds good to everybody and we dont have anymore suggestions i wil start my shopping for parts on my next payday and open a new thread documenting my computer build, but please any more suggestions let me know have about 3 weeks before next payday so plenty of time to tweak this design and build as perfect as i can get it on paper before i start.

Is it a good idea to have everything mapped out on paper and in my head and ask questions and get oppionions on everything and ask for help in the communities around before diving head first into the project?

with the extreme reduction in fans i should only need 2 powersupplys and are the ones listed good enough, even though i had 2 before that was for 1 comp now i am having 2 in 1, i love this idea, thank you for all the help so far guys and gals

You definitely need a biocide of some sort, be it True Silver barbs, a silverkillcoil or PT Nuke...not sure if the silver tygon contains acutal silver (if it does it should work methinks :shrug:)

You definitely need a biocide of some sort, be it True Silver barbs, a silverkillcoil or PT Nuke...not sure if the silver tygon contains acutal silver (if it does it should work methinks :shrug:)

ok fair enough i will do a little bit research to find out for sure if it does have true silver in it then i will need PT Nuke and a biocide, if it doesnt have true silver just a biocide? what do you run in you systems?

I am looking at resevoirs again i have found some that look awsome and are dual bay dual loop ready but i am trying to figure out what in the world the circular device on the back is, do you have any idea? here is the link

http://www.dangerden.com/store/monsoon-black-with-red-trim_premium-d5-dual-bay-reservoir.html if it is a pump could i take it off and use my own pumps or if it is a pump would it be sufficient?

and as far as my 120 mm fans go i think i have found the ticket, they are kind of ugly but good reviews and good airflow vs noisei think what do yall think of these fans Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fan 1850RPM

PTNuke is a biocide, as is silver. I run straight distilled with a silver killcoil personally.

Circular thing on the monsoon is where the pump goes, it uses a d5 (mcp655).

Gentle typhoons straight rock, you won't be disappointed with their performance.

PTNuke is a biocide, as is silver. I run straight distilled with a silver killcoil personally.

Circular thing on the monsoon is where the pump goes, it uses a d5 (mcp655).

Gentle typhoons straight rock, you won't be disappointed with their performance.

so if it uses a d5 but is a dual resevoir if i wanted to run dual loops i would need to d5's and d5 are as good a pump as good as the ddc's?

check out the skinneelabs.com reviews on pumps. It takes a single d5...they actually have a review of the monsoon specifically. You might also want to look into the dual ddc reses (koolance just came out with one, the RPX200 or somethin like that...i suck at their naming). Keep in mind that these DON'T come with the pumps.

Back