• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question about xms3500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

I'm planning on building a new system. I've always have been on the rdram side, but i'm switching to ddr to build my new system when the price of the 3.06 HT p4 to go down, then i'll build my new system. I want the best ddr memory from corsair. They have the xms3500 which these model numbers...

CMX512-3500C2
CMX512-3500C2PT

which do i get, if even these?

Also, can someone please explain to me about cas latency, i see it's like this, 2-3-3-7-T1, but what does this mean, when overclocking, what do i do to accomodate so i don't fry my memory? Also, what's the best soyo board for ddr that supports the p4 3.06 hyper threading cpu?

Thanks in advance.

Royal said:
They have the xms3500 which these model numbers...

CMX512-3500C2
CMX512-3500C2PT

the extra PT is for the platnium heatspreader version. i think its around $10 more. i was gona buy some of that before i discovered el-ddr =)

k, that's the one imma get, unless there's a better one when i start ordering. Also, i know that memory uses 433mhz memory bus, but when i look for motherboards, they usually only support 333mhz memory bus, so what do i do?

i was also wondering about this... do i get pc3200ram and try to OC the fsb to 200mhz, or just settle for pc2700ram if the max supported fsb by the mobo is 333mhz?

i plan on buying an epox 8rda+ (nforce2) and an athlon 2600+ with 333mhz fsb in a couple months.

should i stick with pc2700 ram or get pc3200?

and the lower number is better, (2-2-2-5-ti) right?

what is enhanced latency ddr ram?

(sorry i have so many questions, im new to the forums.)

Welcome to the forums.

When they say max supported fsb 333mhz they mean that it is the official speed that they will guarantee that all of their components will work properly.

You can of course push your fsb to try and operate at higher levels but they won't guarantee it will work. To help you achieve these higher FSBs you need to have memory that can operate at your specified speed.

I would suggest getting a 2100+ Tbred B AIUHB and OC it for the best price/performance ratio right now.

There is an excellent Bios guide that talks about timings and latency that is an excellent read here:http://www.rojakpot.com/

for the price get OCZ pc3500 EL ddr, its working great for me and cost alot less that xms

Back