• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

motherboard overclocking help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darryl_D

hey guys i recently purchased an asus a7n8x deluxe... and have a couple of questoins on overclocking it! Firstly... how can i lock both the pci and the agp slots? i see the option that lets me set the agp bus to 66mhz... does that automatcially set the pci pus to like32mhz??? Secondly, my motherboard doesn't like to recognize any of the other multipliers! (i have a t-bred xp 1700+ which does come factory unlocked because i've tried it on other motherboards!) all i can set is the default multi of 11.0x... if i set any higher or lower it doesn't matter because it still recognizes as only 11.0x!

And finally every time i up the fsb, my cpu goes back down in the mhz rating. I think this could be the cpu throttling but i am not sure. For example, i raised the fsb of my 1700+ to 150... so it should be 11*150=1650mhz... but while stress testing etc it goes down to 1110 mhz... and when i go back into bios, my settings are all the same the way i left them.. i need to reset them and then finally it goes back to the original 1700+ (like i gues i think this is the cpu throtaling feature that this motherboard has, but i could be wrong)... any one for help?

What bios are you using? That sounds kinda like the problems the 1001G bios was having. If so, check out the 1001C bios Here. The C bios seemed to be the most stable for me.

I had a simular problem with my 1002 bios, and it was the throttling. have you triued to reseat the heatsink? That is what I had to do, I was getting readings at around 970 mhz, reseated the sink, and now I am up and running at my sig again.

Back