• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What can is good MHz with g7vrxp 1.1 & xp 2200+?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The t-bred "a" is not a very good overclocker, I think there are too many variables to guess. All watercooling is going to do is allow you to up the voltage without overheating. So start off at 143 or so with default voltages, if unstable try uping mem and vcore.

Also to activate the 1/5 divider you need to go through the routine of 153 and then 166. You cannot go directly to 166.

T-bred A is not a good overclocker?

My AIUGA 1700+ is overclocked to 1.8ghz @ 1.75v...

The T-bred A core in general tops out at 1.8ghz. That does not mean it isn't a good overclocker. It definately is good for the lower spec'd of the bunch.

That being said, the 2200+ is basically the bread and butter of the T-bred A chips.... Meaning it's the max AMD could push out of that core. The 2200+ is simply the worst overclocker of the bunch. You may get 100mhz extra out of it, but that's the most I've seen out of that chip, even at outrageous voltages.

Your best bet would be to get a T-bredB (AIUHB) 2100+, which overclocks to 2.3ghz religiously.

Back