• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF7 questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeff7477

Ok, im planning on getting an NF7, and was wondering a few things. First.....is there any difference between the NF7 and NF7-S other than the firewire and sound processor etc...? Will they have the same performance? Second......these boards allow the PCI bus to be locked right? The main reasons I am getting this are for a lockable PCI and the clearance for an SLK-900.

Asides from BIOS UPDATE ISSUES,

Right after our very successful launch of NF7-S v1.2, we were immediately alerted by very high ratios of users requesting and ordering replacement BIOS for their newly purchased v1.2.

Through our very extensive and laborious research and investigation, we have come to a very solid and alarming conclusion that:

There is a basic architectural loophole in nVidia’s implementation of nForce2 chipset to handle BIOS update. Due to the nature design of nForce2 chipset, complex instructions will be written into nVidia Northbridge. However, its CMOS space is rather limited which has resulted in a high potential risk to save data back into BIOS chip improperly. Whenever there is an increased numbers of BIOS/CMOS saving actions taking place, data loss may just occurs. The symptom is very clear that you would get stuck right on the spot, and not able to boot up your system again.

weak VDD voltage, weak VCore regulation, memory issues unless you buy a pair tested to work, overheating chips everywere & but the SLK900 fits OK according to THERMALRIGHT.

yeah, i know about the BIOS and would buy the replacement chip thing excaliber is selling. but about the VDD and vcore, is it really different from the 8rda? or is the problem with both of them

Nope. Abit is 1.7V max adjustable & the Epox 1.5V non adjustable. People are hoping Epox will fix this in a newer revision like with Abit.

Vdd is the chipset voltage, NorthBridge, so you can run high FSB. I guess we werent talking about the same thing.

Back