• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i've referred to the sticky already in the asus boards forum.

my neighbor is having issues with his WD hard drive not showing up in win2k. the BIOS will see it but windows won't. i just told him to set the jumpers on it to cable select, they're set as slave right now.

basically he has another drive in it and wants to copy his old stuff over to the new WD drive. so he set it up like this so he wouldn't have 2 versions of windows on the same machine.

anyone else have tips on how to get this board going. this board has been a pain to work with and i'm officially taking it off my list of nforce boards i'd buy.

no we don't have any special software like that. at the moment i think i have it figured out.

we have the WD on as primary master and took the old drive and set it to secondary slave. and now we're going to install windows on the WD than copy the old stuff from the old drive.

we'll find out how it goes in the next 15-20

Back