• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nVidia drivers wont load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IZON

SOLVED: nVidia drivers wont load

...It's the strangest thing. I get the nVidia boot up screen. It then asks me to 'insert win98 cd into drive selected below' (when in fact there is actually no drive selected). So I put in win 98cd press enter and then it tells me 'I have decided to cancel installation of nvidia drivers and will cancel setup' - then BSOD, no drivers = no sound. What's going on? (All the other drivers on the same Asus disk load with no problem).

Last edited:
Aw c'mon, it'a not like I'm talking Japanese. This is a serious problem, I bought this board to save a little cash on the sound card. Now it looks like I'll have to buy a sound card after all, that really sux. If I'd known, I would have gone for a board w/out nforce crap.

Thanks for the link Nite. However I managed to solve the problem. There was indeed a boot up issue with the nvidia sound drivers. All my efforts [cmos reset, hd reformat, drive unpartitioning, os reinstall, sledge hammer] did nothing to correct the problem. I then started to 'manually' install each driver by going through detect 'new hardware' and then guiding the installer to the correct driver location on the disk. nvidia boot up manager simply couldn't detect the location of the drivers by itself. - what a pain, been up all night nursing this Asus mobo *yawns*

Try flashing the bios back to 1002 or up to 1003 haven't tried 1003 yet. But I know the 1002 is a rock solid version of the bios. Then retry the sound drivers. Make sure sound is also enabled in your bios. I never had a problem with my system... Keep me up to date, pm me if you want.

Thanks Modmonger, problem solved, read my previous post above urs.

Back