• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NF-7 & Bios Survival Kit or NF7-s REV2.0????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Boostin14PSI

I have been reading about the hole bios failure thing and it is a little scary. I will be oc'ing my system but it will be used on a daily basis as a family PC as well. If while changing settings in the bios corrupt it I think i will personally get an A$$ whoopin' from my entire family. And i don't want that to happen. :p I'm on a tight budget and it seems a shame to have to get an NF7 & bios chip over and NF-s rev2.0. will the 2.0 get corrupted as easily as the 1.2? Is they any precautions to take b4 updaingd bios setting to ensure that it will save correctly???
Thanx

Having just gotten a rev 2.0 unit, I spent a lot of yesterday dinking with the bios. I bet I changed values in it 15-20 times and never a problem.

Hoot

People are still getting BIOS corruptions on the rev 2...but the key thing to remember is to run the latest BIOS...that has seemed to help out a lot on the corruption issue...if you are still worried about it...go with the combo excaliber sells...only 114.99 with shipping and that is still cheaper then a NF7-S rev 2.0 board by itself...

Which bios is that exactly? I see that on the Abit site under the bios file downloads, there is only one for the NF7-S. It says that it's version 1.0, and that it's the first release. Are you guys flashing it with bios 1.6 (or 16) from the older rev. version NF7-S? Just wondering if this works.

I personally don't know the BIOS version since I run a 8RDA+...but people are stating the new BIOS for the NF7-S is helping the BIOS corruption issue...the only thing I am sure about is...it does the same as the 8RDA+ when you reset the CPU speed...it does like a mini flash of the BIOS...hard to explain it...but once you reset the FSB and/or multi. it will restart then you will see a screen flash that states do not turn off the system while flashing...then it restarts and comes up with the new CPU settings...just like a mini BIOS flash...the first couple of times I used this new BIOS on my 8RDA+ it scared the crap out of me...now I'm so used to it...it scares me when I don't see it doing that...

Yeah I heard that too, but I believe that the NF7-S rev. 2.0 does that with the default bios that it comes with. I'm just wondering if people are still flashing it with someone else so hopefully someone with the board can answer that.

Sadly there still is no bios fix and there most likely will not be a bios fix for the rev 1.2 boards. Instead of fixing the 1.2 Abit released ver 2.0 of the NF7-S.

(and no it's not because of the chipset being different, look at the 8RDA/A7N8X shipping with the new Rev C)

The bios corruption issue has basically been solved with the default (and different series) bios for the rev 2.0 board.

Hope that helps.

No newer bios other than 1.0 for ver. 2.0 can be used with the 2.0 at this time.

Back