• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diff between 8rda 8rga

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Something you will need to get higher fsb vdd is stock @ around 1.6 the vdd adjustment in the 8rga goes to 2.0. With the 8rda you have to mod it to get higher vdd. VDD is the voltage going to the Northbridge.

so is that only diff?

so if i wanted to run 200fsb, the 8rda+ wouldnt be able to do that unless i modded? But the 8rga will? Is the 8rga a good ocer? Thanks. oh yea, how hard to mod?

I have 2 8rda+ boards and yes it is possible to hit 200FSB stock, but not always.. You must add better cooling to the Northbridge...
I just ordered an 8RGA due to the built in VDD which allows you to raise the voltage on the motherboard chipset itself from 1.6 to 1.8 or 2.0 which allows the FSB to reach 200 or more without ANY volt mods---check the forum for mods--but if you have not done one before I wouldn't recomment it--the smell of Napalm in the morning rings a bell...
the 8rga should be an excellent OC er since it is an improvement to the the 8rda which ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Before you mod I would first add improved northbridge cooling to your 8RDA+, the newer revisions MAY be able to do 200fsb WITHOUT modding, use LOOSE memory timings "Like cas 2.5 7,4,4 with a dimm voltage like 2.7 and Low multipliers on your CPU to make sure you are testing the LIMITS of the board not your CPU or memory.. I use the Vantec Iceberg on both my Northbridge and Southbridge, all the info I learned was from 8RDA.com and this site!!! Just go to the forum section under AMD motherboards, then EPOX and its ALL there, even how to do the VOLT mods if you need to..

Good Luck
I'm justing taking the easy way out and I ordered the 8RGA to AVOID modding

Back