• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8k3a questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris

Whats this board like? There pretty cheap and I know someone selling a second hand one. Are there any problems there known for i.e. i currently have an 8k7a+ that has a problem with xp chips being a rev1 board and the voltages are always low. Is this board renowned for anything? I assume it being a 333 board it would run 166 fsb without the pci etc being out of spec? I just want a little info on it really how does it perform whats it like.

It has no pci lock, reads from the diode for the temp but of a little but better than the in-socket thermistor.

I was happy with my 8KHA befor I killed it with the volt mod.

Check my sig.

Good and stable board.. I like mine 2 boards.. Tbreds and the 8k3a combo have a cpu temp sensor reading bug, it reads too high.

I bought mine as a Newegg refurb last Otober. I've been very happy with it.
I have an XP 1600+ in it that I haven't bothered to unlock. It has been running 172 FSB for quite a while. High temps are holding me back from running it higher.
It's been very stable, and I'm in no great hurry to upgrade.

solid solid solid board wish I had kept mine, my frined bought it and runs his 1600 locked at 177 fsb using sammy pc2700 CTL, quite the rocket @1850+

never had any hard drive corruption or problems with his overclocked R8500 @ 300/300

cisco kid

i've delt with alot of boards. the 8K3A boards are one of the most impressive i've ever used. great features, great overclocking, only thing it's missing is a PCI lock, but i can still get my FSB up to 207Mhz. and if the PCI clock were locked it just wouldn't feel like overclocking.

chuchII said:
i've delt with alot of boards. the 8K3A boards are one of the most impressive i've ever used. great features, great overclocking, only thing it's missing is a PCI lock, but i can still get my FSB up to 207Mhz. and if the PCI clock were locked it just wouldn't feel like overclocking.

very impressive overclock my friend

cisco kid

Rottys-R-Us said:
It has no pci lock, reads from the diode for the temp but of a little but better than the in-socket thermistor.

I was happy with my 8KHA befor I killed it with the volt mod.

Check my sig.

can i ask u something.. does all the multiplier work with ur 1700 tbred B without any modification? what's the max multi btw ?

chuchII said:

since this board has a maximum 1/5 divider, u're running ur PCI @ 41.4Mhz, isn't it too high? dangerous for the HDD i think.. what's ur comment?

btw can i use all the multi if i pair this board with my 1700 tbred JIUHB ?? how bout multi > 12.5 ??

dinster said:

since this board has a maximum 1/5 divider, u're running ur PCI @ 41.4Mhz, isn't it too high? dangerous for the HDD i think.. what's ur comment?

btw can i use all the multi if i pair this board with my 1700 tbred JIUHB ?? how bout multi > 12.5 ??

All this below is on the rig in my sig.

As a mater of fact just yesterday iIthe FSb to 189 but relaxed the mem settings.

12.5 is as high as I could get the mult to go, I tried the wire trick but as it has been pointed up it does not always work, and in my case it did not.

As for the pci, in the BIOS I believe it showed 37 or 38, and it has been fine for 2 days now.

This is just my $0.02 for my board.
2371.gif

Back