• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KX7-333R Max FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carmine_Paterno

I've heard alot of people saying that above 170fsb on a kx7 is very unlikely. I am thinking about buying a 512mb stick of PC3700 ddr, and if i cant go above 170fsb, whats the point?

What speeds have you guys seen? I plan to put a monster heatsink on the northbridge. Im planning to hit 2.5ghz @ 12.5x200 with this board. The chip can do it as i've been @ 2.5ghz @ 2.1v but only with 166fsb.

Thanx

:) I can get with a pc3200 mem, 200fsb with no problem ;) the mobo can take 210fsb..... :D and no special cooling in northbrg

I had a kx7-333 and quite happily hit 190 fsb.

I couldnt get it highr because my gfx card did not like the agp mhz when I went higher.

It would have been great to try another card and see if i could get to 200 but i was not going to buy another card just to find out.

I have seeen a few members on this forum who have manged to reach 200 fsb on that motherboard though.

Its all down to luck of the draw really I came so close.

You should have no problem hitting the 200FSB range w/ any cpu except for the new tbred chips. Somehow, the KT333 mobos aren't 100% compatible w/ the tbred architecture. There are lots of threads on this. I myself have gone to 208 w/ a pally and my kt333 mobo but when I started using my t-bred, I can't go any higher than 192FSB.

I had problems with the high PCI speed even with the 1/5 divider but now you mention the Tbred thing that makes sense.

I have two KX7333-R's running RAID 0 at the moment and two more setting in their box on a shelf, but ALL four will do @ the minimum 193 FSB with NO PROBLEM what so ever :D

It's just all about correct timing's, CPU's, Memory, and of course a WHOLE Lotta LUCK!! ;)

Speaking of... Good Luck!! :D

DpGravy

Back