• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW NForce Drivers 2.41

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
GravY said:
Looks like they have improved the Nvidia IDE driver, but it still lags behind the xp drivers[/B]

How so?

I'm downloading them right now b/c this whole SCSI disk thing is just not right. I recently bought a 52xCDRW-DVD combo drive and it's giving me the same problems my last burner had after I updated the firmware on it.

Nero doesn't recognize the correct read/write speed, nor the buffer size.

Warning

I installed these drivers today and they caused an error in BF'42, I had to revert back to older drivers.

Im reading alot on people having problems with these drivers when installing over the previous set.. looks like they are good under a fresh install..

I couldn't get the installer to work. I had to manually install each device driver through device manager.

Check out your memory controller in device manager after you update your drivers to 2.41. It now says Nforce ULTRA 400 :D

Nope. Still says nforce2 memory controller. It would only say nforce2 ultra 400 if you have that chipset or if your nforce2 is the latest stepping.

the nvidia driver for IDE seems to be affecting games that run safedisc :( I read somewere how to fix, but i am somewhat sure u had to "UPDATE the Nvidia IDE Driver" and select the microsoft driver from the list instead of specifying a location.

I went to Soltek website and installed their nForce drivers, fixed the BF'42 error and fixed a sound bug that caused PlanetSide to crash.

from what I have read split71 the only thing that has been changed is the IDE drivers were dropped, just revert yours back to the previous driver and all should be good... no need to download the 2.42..

im having no problems with the 2.41's though, I guess I was lucky, ill see if i need to change later ;) *knock on wood*

Back