• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

odd nf7-s sound!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

hmm, i cant boot up and be stable at 206fsb, but when i try to boot up at 207 or above it 1st saves the bios settings, then when it reboots, it makes a wierd sound... sounds like the sound a fire trunk makes or a police car or whatever.

i tried upping the voltage of both the cpu and ram

i even tried to lower the multi and up the fsb, but it still dont work.

can any1 let me know what this sound means please? and also do u think its my cpu or my ram or anything else i can get around this? thanks alot, bye.

have you got the latest bios, the one which fixes the sata corruption...

have you upped the VDD voltage?..and that noise is your system telling you that you have OCed to high...

Usally takes around 1.7v's or so to run stable past 200FSB...

whats the default vdd? and is it ok to up the voltage of the chipset while on dfault NB cooling and no SB cooling?

many people have crackling noises after playing for periods of time, this is usually cos sb gets very hot, people have overcome this by having a case fan blowin onto it and graphics card, or buy placing the yellow zalman nb cooler, that seems to sort the problem out... i have exp the problem after playing operation flashpoint let the system cool down and no problems, will be getting one of those little zalmans soon....

I've had this a couple times. It seems to just happen randomly.

I just pull the PSU plug. Plug it back in a restart and she's a-ok. Don't hafta change a thing

and for them to run past 207 stable they will have to change the VDD voltage...and it should be located in the same area were you change the memory and CPU voltage...

As for activily cooling the SB, yes that did help the cracking noise from the SB overheating when playing games for a while...good thing to do is get a crystal orb and mount it on the SB...

cool the sb with a zalman there really cheap and will prolong the motherboards life

the crystal orb is like £5 cheaper then the zalman yellow thing on that site....

also how do i mount it on the SB? cuz it doesnt have any holes or mounting things ont eh SB...

edit: is the crystal orb quiet?

I cant even hear my CROB running with the case fans...and to mount it...put the thermal paste on the SB, but do not cover the 4 corners...out a tiny drop of super glue on each corner and then mount the CROB...give it about 5 or 10 minutes to dry...if done right you shouldn't be able to move the CROB...

i never use less than 11 multiplier... but i think its the new bios for sure, its somehow o/c controlled more :(

Back