• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

r22

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konnan10101

Registered
hey does anyone know where i cna get some r22 caus ei got an ac compressor that ony runs on r22 and i am in desperate need

Konnan10101 said:
hey does anyone know where i cna get some r22 caus ei got an ac compressor that ony runs on r22 and i am in desperate need

hi there, well you could do what nealric said,

and just a thought about "ac compressor that ony runs on r22" who told you that, r12, propane and many others can replace r22 without any modification because they use the same oil,

I just hope you are not guessing on that statement;)

well i dont know it can only use r22 but the compressor said r22 on it, and i dont know enough abotu ac compressors to modify it

all modifying it is is flushing out the old oil, and puttin new in. the oil in it is what determined what refridgerant it can use, not the compressor itselfe (only certain oils like certain refridgerants, and seperate if they dont like it)

four4875 said:
all modifying it is is flushing out the old oil, and puttin new in. the oil in it is what determined what refridgerant it can use, not the compressor itselfe (only certain oils like certain refridgerants, and seperate if they dont like it)

I like these statements

"only certain oils like certain refridgerants"
"all modifying it is is flushing out the old oil"
"the oil in it is what determined what refridgerant it can use"
but the rest are not true :eek:

If it was original with r22, then you can use propane, r12, and many others because they use the same oil, therefore you don't need to take it the oil out and I TRULLY RECOMMEND YOU NOT TAKE THE OIL OUT UNSLESS, you are able to put back the same amount, if you mess that up you can burn up the compressor:eek:

in general the oil is important because it must mix with the refrigerant, if they are not compartible they don't mix and will burn up the compressor ;)

Konnan10101 two things for you,

first, they put r22 from the factory because thats a darm good refrigerant, better than propane, r12, and many others, it boiling point its around -44c and it heat handle is great ;)

second, the best thing would be to get some more r22, you can get it as discribe above and also you can get another old ac and transfer the refrigerant to your system using pierce valve and a hose, and if you can't get it, you best bet would be to go with propane, because you don't need a license to get it, its darm cheap, won't be harmfull if you the system is completely sealed and all moisture out, and also its reall close to r22

well I hope you go to phase-change.com where you will find many answers and also great help,

well good luck and keep us posted :D

Back