• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What was your highest TH7II FSB?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

strokeside

I'm trying to find out what this boards FSB starts to max out at.
If I am looking to go to 160FSB, is that too hopeful? (assuming all my other components can handle it)

what sort of NorthBridge cooling did you use when achieving your max FSB?

I got 155fsb off of mine when I had it - a 1.8a@2880. I just used stock hs and put on a little socket 7 fan - kept it cool to the touch.

158 fsb with bios settings, because the bios fix option doesnt work anymore after that on mine and there isnt a good divider in the bios. I use a TH7II fsb modifier to raise it to 165 fsb from within windows and with that I can use a 1/5 divider for the agp/pci bus. you can download it from the extremeoverclocking froums download section if you want to try it out.

Last edited:
I could only get 155 FSB stable out of mine and a max of 157 FSB. I removed the northbridge sink, lapped it and reinstalled with AS3 (but it didn't really help that much). What helped the most was putting a 40mm fan onto the NB sink.

Got mine to 170 FSB with my 2,4B SL6EF but it was not really stable . I don't know if it's the board (most probable) or cpu limit or RDRAM (2x256 Samsung PC800 40ns @ 1020 but they reached
140x4x2=1120 with TH7 II soft FSB within XP not from BIOS so ? )
It was maxed @162 FSB with my faithfull 1,6 a (that i should have kept ).Running actually @167 FSB that give me the 3Ghz I wanted
but i had to raise voltage to 1,85v in BIOS (getting 1,72 v real) but I have more and more problem at start even with 2/5 divider (not fix) i have to reset 1 time out of 2 because even if bios load correctly ,when i chose XP (i have the 3 win installed 98 and 2000 ) it simply dont load or says a file is corrupt .
Was thinking to get IC7 in september(I dont use my PC in vacations!) but reading Intel road map made me hesitate as socket for prescott will change in second Q 2004 and I dont want to change mobo every year .
The first 2 Prescott will fit the IC7 though , but they will be obsolete in just 6 months .
So I might keep my TH7 II for 6-8 months more !
Cordially .
Dan

195fsb, with a vapo PE and a wonder 1.6a Staying around 172 now for the 2.8, board is all stock and one of the first made, I've had 2 others and all do the same, You gotta have good memory.

The TH7II will do as high as the P4T533: 170-180+ on air, depends on the CPU. Heck, I have one board with good ICS-09s, and it can do 150/4x and I've had it to 177/3x on air. And that was with an SL6EF that needed 1.75 volts. I will be testing an SL6RZ that does 185 fsb at 1.55-1.60 VCORE next. A friend of mine who does microsoldering just put in some ICS-13s on another TH7II-RAID I got but I haven't picked it up yet. I'm hoping for 160/4x with Kingston PC1066s.

Back