• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Messed up airflow...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

I set up my watercooling, but I'm wondering what would give me good airflow. here's a drawing of my case ala' ms-paint. :)

case.gif

The radiator is in the front in the bottom, and blowing out. The fans at point 2 are sucking air in, but I think it's not really cooling the case down. Maby it's coming right back out through the powersupply? (point 1)

Currently I have the fan blowing air through a small shroud and then out of the case through the radiator. I'm thinking of turning the fan around, so that it will suck cold air from outside... (and ofcourse turning fans at point 2 around too) Would it work? Does it matter if the fan is pulling or pushing?

You want air to blow in and through the radiator to keep it cool.(Having the intake at the bottom and having those two top fans as exhausts)

You would normally want the intake on bottom and exhaust on top anyways.

Do you think it makes a diferance
if the fan is pulling the air through, or pushing?

dropadrop said:
Do you think it makes a diferance
if the fan is pulling the air through, or pushing?

well the way you described it, the only air that is going through teh radiator is the hot air that is exiting your case. It's better to use the fresh cool air that is entering the case the cool the radiator.

Not really the results I expected.. My case temps went down by 4 degreese, but my processor temps went up. I have to look at the sealing on the shroud, because I turned the fan around. Maby I left some gaps that would allow the fan to suck air from the corner of the shroud, and not through the radiator. Anyway, I guess the important part is that the case temps did'nt go up very much.

Back