• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hydor pump problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tripitz

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I recently put together a wc'ing rig with a Hydor L30 pump, d-tek bay res, and a swiftech mcw5000 block with a BIX rad. Everything has been running great for about a month now. Unfortunately, in the past several days my pump has started making a grinding or cavitation noise. There are no air bubbles in the system. I also have the pump isolated from the case so vibrations are not the cause of this. It sounds like the impeller is loose.

Has anyone experienced this problem before? How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to avoid opening it up at this stage as it will require a total disassembly of my pc. This was my first wc rig and I didn't think about the best way to drain it in the future :)

I'm curious if anyone here has experienced similar behavior from their pump.

If the water is moving through the pump, I don't know how else you can figure out what the problem is unless you open it up and inspect the internal parts...oh well :(

sound like it going to hit the wall to me, i have heard of this problem with the l30

NOTE: try the viaqua

squeezecat said:

NOTE: try the viaqua

The Via Aqua pops up with more reported problems on this site than any other pump. I've heard not great things about some hydor pumps too.

Save your money and go with an ehiem.

ive been using the L30 for a month too and i havent had those noises at all

try to unplug it..then position it somewhere else. then plug it back in.

just try to drain it into a big bowl, then see whats wrong

Back