• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ecs P6isa-ii Mobo Overclocking With Pentium 3/celeron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sebasgod

Hi, i have an ECS mobo described above with an intel Celeron 850/100 overclocked at 1134 mhz/134, it works fine :) but some days ago, i buyed a pentium 3 1100/100 to overclock its fsb to 133, but when im turning on my computer with the new settings, my screen turns off, nothings happens, :( then i return the fsb to 100 and works great, i dont know if there may be any way to overclock it, im sure the mobo supports that speed, because i can raise my celeron to 1233 but the machine comes unestable, any thoughts?

Sebas

Your running inot a problem with headroom -- the cele 850 was pretty good at O'cing and was pretty forgiving at it.

The pIII you have on the other hand is a bit harder to OC, at 1.1 is it faster than the cele so you aren't losing performance. Remember OC'ing isn't a right its a priviledge.

do the usual -- lower memory speeds -- try a smaller jump in FSB -get the MB BIOS upgraded - check for new firmware on the vid card - that kind of stuff.

Good Luck

T

Back