• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS IX HERO with 6700k overclock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks for the screenshot.:) Sounds like good TIM with a 3c reduction, running RealBench real quick could of made the difference.

Thanks for the screenshot.:) Sounds like good TIM with a 3c reduction, running RealBench real quick could of made the difference.

No problem.

Finally got a chance to post my first build. Like I said, the single braided cables are thich and hard to work with when you dont have much room between the chassis and back panel but it looks good and i know exactly where each wire is going and the back plate went on snug, but wasnt a big problem. Anyways, thank you all for helping me with my first build, 7700k on an Asus Hero IX board, Asus Stric GTX1080 graphics card, Samsung 960 EVO, and also thank you all for helping me get to 5ghz stable at 1.335v with an 8 hour pass on ROG Realbench, hope you guys like the build, I do.
IMG_2636.JPG IMG_2635.JPG IMG_2640.JPG FullSizeRender (2).jpg

Very neat and good looking job.:clap: You should have a lot of fun with the Rig.

That's a good looking build, in a good looking case. Nice! :thup:

Thank you guys, I love it.

Might save up and start making my 6700k build neater, and probably get a smaller case than the corsair 750d to put it in as, withiout the gtx1080, the case has so much room, lol.

The 750D is a nice case. Kind of a 900D 'Lite'. LOL

I agree. Has tons of case mods and so many different things I can do with that case. It just looks so bad without the gtx1080. Like half the case is empty if you know what I mean lol. But yes, I do like the 750D. Plenty of room for custom water cooling. I think it may be my next project after buying a new 1440p acer predator monitor.

My last build was a choice between a 750D or 900D or the Luxe. I couldn't fill a 900D and the 750D didn't come in white. The 750D is still on my (very) short list for another build. I have a very nice airbrush I can use to paint it if need be. LOL

My last build was a choice between a 750D or 900D or the Luxe. I couldn't fill a 900D and the 750D didn't come in white. The 750D is still on my (very) short list for another build. I have a very nice airbrush I can use to paint it if need be. LOL

900D is a great case too, similar to the discontinued 800D. And I agree, it is a big case, so unless you plan on custom water cooling with at least dual 360mm rads and an EATX Mobo which is usually the top of the line board for each brand like the ASUS Extreme and Gigabyte Gaming 9, 500 for the gigabyte board and 700+ for the Asus Extreme. Im sure it'll look great as long as its an ATX size board. anything smaller and youd see too much of the case.

Im saving my 750D case for another build. Maybe upgrade my 6700k mobo, give it a new gtx 1070 since its the same size as an 1080. Or maybe ill put my gtx 1080 back in the 6700k build and buy the 1080 ti for my 7700k build. I dont know what to do with my 6700k build. Theres no point in having 2 PCs that are the same really, and im gonna lose so much money selling it. I did get an offer for 500 for my 6700k build but im keeping the 750D case and taking the 6-7 corsair white led fans out. Is that woprth it? Whats a good price for my 6700k build. specs are msi z170 sli plus board, 16gb ripjaws 4 ddr4 2400mhz ram, ASUS gtx1050 OC edition, evga 850w b2, 256gb 850 evo ssd, 500gb hdd, corsair h60 cpu cooler. Shouhld i keep it as a project or selll the pc and gtx1080 and buy a gtx1080ti and the acer predator 1440 27" gsync monitor or the asus 27" PG278QR which has the same specs and cost about 630 and trhe acer costs 600 on amazon. Decisions..decisions....I REALLY dont know what to do with the 6700k gtx1050 build.....hmmmmmm

Anyways, I added 2 white led light bars to my build today. Since the tempered glass is tinted, its pretty dark, these light bars definitely make it look better in my opinion. Check it out.
IMG_2651.JPG IMG_2652.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

May go custom water cooling since i have that front part for another 360mm rad and a reservoir/pump combo. Still thinking about it. But so far, Im happy with the thermaltake 360mm RGB AIO CPU cooler. If i do, id really be doing it just for looks as my CPU temps are in the low 70s under load and my GPU hits 69-70 when im gaming on max settings, so 500-800 on custom water cooling....hmmm pricey just for looks and maybe 10-15 degrees cooler, which is great but like i said, 500-800 bucks!! LOL

Last edited:
Id bet money hes already there but just reading the rated boost clocks nkt the actual boost mhz. ;)

dont bother...it isnt worth it.

If we already have 200 posts overclocking the cou, well have another 200 on the gpu. :p

But...but...but... 2150 MHz!

Id bet money hes already there but just reading the rated boost clocks nkt the actual boost mhz. ;)

I'm not taking that bet. :D

I understand exactly what you guys mean. Only during benchmarks will i see a difference. I hear some people have problems when they update their vbios and try to go higher than what their gpu tweak allows them too.

Sort of.... I bet you are already over 2000 MHz but just don't know it yet. Look at GPUz sensor tab or MSI AB graph and look what ACTUAL clocks are. ;)

Sort of.... I bet you are already over 2000 MHz but just don't know it yet. Look at GPUz sensor tab or MSI AB graph and look what ACTUAL clocks are. ;)

Yeah I did. I first ran Heaven benchmark first to see my score, then followed this guide, https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?87087-Overclocking-the-Strix-GTX-1080. And it was stable after i brought the gpu clock to 1930 something. But on Heaven, it was actually around 2050mhz. And I was able to bring the memory to 11010. I saw some threads of people downloading the OC version driver and vbios, and thats when they had problems. So i went from 2841 @ 112FPS to 123.1FPS at 3100 even.

I finally bought a new monitor yesterday. It was on sale for $480, the Dell 27" 1440p, 144hz, 1ms, and GSYNC. It was awesome, I definitely worked out my gtx1080. But I put it on craigslist today and sold it within 2 hours. Im getting the asus strix 1080ti OC.

Why did you sell that monitor???

Im gonnna be using both. I sold my graphics card not my monitor. I started with the asus 24" 144hz 1ms monitor and iut was great but maxed out very fast on that. The 1440 with gsync is awesome
I may get anotherr 1440 for dual 27" or kdeep my 1440 and get another 1080 with 144fz 1 ms and GSTNC this time.

Back