• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Ram for NF7-S

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tycho4511

Registered
I am building my first computer. I have ordered a 1700+ DLT3C 319 and a NF7-S rev2.0. I am still trying to decide on my RAM. I am thinking about getting one 512 PC3200 right now and buying another one in about 6 months when prices come down. I am wondering what brands you guys have had the most luck with on this board. I am hoping to spend less than $100 right now. Thanks

Last edited:
$97 a stick for good winbond ain't too bad. I paid $82 for a 512Mb stick of Samsung PC3200. It hit its rating with no problem. I have yet to push it past its 400 data rate. I'm running it at a relaxed 3-4-4-8.

Last edited:
My dual 256MB Winbond BH-5 are doing DDR400 easily at CAS 2.5-2-2-6. Would push the FSB more, but running stability tests right now. All seems promising so far. :)

Thanks for the advice. It looks like the Winbond is the way to go. I am still trying to learn about memory. What does the BH5 indicate and what is the difference between that and the CH5?

My Corsair 3200C2 XMS is doing 210mhz @ 2-2-2-6 passes all memtest86 tests. 3100+ sandra mem scores.

But for a more guaranteed speed maybe go with some 3500c2 corsair. But mine is is performing above and beyond the call of duty!

IR1 said:
My Corsair 3200C2 XMS is doing 210mhz @ 2-2-2-6 passes all memtest86 tests. 3100+ sandra mem scores.

But for a more guaranteed speed maybe go with some 3500c2 corsair. But mine is is performing above and beyond the call of duty!

wht he said, cept my mem bandwidth is more around 3300

dont have sandra, but my corsair XMS 3200 does above 215 easily. The stuff actually is not too expensive any more, either.

Corsair is the best, end. Pricewise, though, something else may be more suitable...

i will say what i always say..
i had a pair of ocz basic 3500 at 440mhz cas 7-3-2-2, in dual channel, rock solid in prime95 for 3 days.. (enough for me) at 2.8v

[OC]This said:
there are no CH-5s that beat BH-5... that isn't going to happen....

What are you basing this information on? I know a trader in another forum who has sold a few hundred BH-5/CH-5 sticks... Along with the testing he did, it has been the general consensus among buyers that the CH-5 sticks perform better, albeit marginally.

breez said:
What about Kingston HyperX? I heard PC3000 series hitting 210-220MHz with tight settings.

Hyper-X isn't compatible (it has a hard time reaching the advertised clock speed) with the new nForce2 stepping present on the Abit NF7(-S) v2.0 and the Asus A7N8X v2.0.

Too bad, it's god damn cheap !

twinmoss i hear is cheap and good. I think many hyper x issues resolved via bioses for v2.0. Really should b as us v1.2 owners really havent had any problems.

Back