• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Convert from Asus, yay!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itim100

My fourth $140 A7N8X Deluxe died and I just figured, the hell with it. Next thing I do is sell this biotch on ebay and get a NF7-S.

I want to get a rev2 when I get one though. How have people fared with the refurbs from newegg? I want to save the $54 dollar difference :D . From what I have seen you pretty much pay $54 dollars less and get a retail box with everything except the FDD and HD cables, and a random revision. Any comments on the refurbs?

I got a refurb from newegg rev 2.0 with manual, instalation cd, all cables, ide to sata converter, and the rear plate. You could tell it had been opened and the manual was a little worn but thats about it. Im running at 200x12.5 at 1.9v right now, but i dont think i can stay this high because it gets up to 50c some times while running p95

and it replaced an a7n8x just like you. I do like the abit much better. Its a better overclocker and it is more stable.

I am also looking to ditch this POS Asus board and get the abit. One question, what is the max voltage that the abit will allow?

I guess i will sell mine on fleabay also, i would feel too guilty selling it on the forums here. It is NOT a Overclockers board. It IS a POS

I was interested in getting an NF7-S Rev 2 board also and noticed this thread.

Have a question however.. sounds stupid maybe but how do you know they are sending you a Rev 2.0 mobo?

I have had 3 previous Abit boards, and all were new, and all were awesome performers and I was a bit hesitant with referbished boards as they may have been roughed up a bit.

Thanks..

I bought a NF7-S refrubished board from newegg about two weeks ago. The abit box stated it was version 2.0, but the actual board was 1.0. I RMA it and currently waiting for another one that I just ordered.

Do you think a version 1.2 is worth the 50 dollar deduction in price?

version 2.0 - $123
version 1.2 - $69

That 50 dollars will buy my slk-800 and 80mm vantec tornando fan!

I just went back over to Newegg and viewed the board info more closely. From what I read on the product page you only are supposed to recieve the bare bones mobo with no adapters no cables or anything. Simply the board so I think I will pass and go for the brand new one.

This is what they say:
The pictures shown are from the NEW version of this item. If you purchase this refurbished product you will receive an OEM BAREBONE, meaning it is just the item itself. Accessory items are NOT INCLUDED with refurbished products. Accessories are shown in the pictures so that customers will know what is missing from the item.

I think the voltages go all the way up to above 2v so that should be fine.

As for the refurbished boards from newegg it is a gamble because you dont know what rev you are getting or if it will come with everything. The only thing they garuntee is the mb. I was lucky enough to get a rev 2.0 with all cables and manual and cd. I think its worth the risk because most will be rev 1.2 or 2.0 which are the two good ones.

Is the rev2 that much better than the 1.2? I think I will get a new one. People are getting bids for as much as $120 on ebay for those Asus boards. But what's the deal about the revisions.

itim100 said:
Is the rev2 that much better than the 1.2? I think I will get a new one. People are getting bids for as much as $120 on ebay for those Asus boards. But what's the deal about the revisions.

Most bidders on ebay pay too much for everything. Auctions work up a competetive attitude that naive bidders fall for.

Just get the rev2 full retail and don't gamble with the most importaint component of you computer project. Otherwise you can end up being penny wise and pound foolish.

Back