• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AN78X POSTs at 7.5x243, and 12.5x166 but no go at 9x200???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobP4P

I'm confused....
the good: Just got my a7n8x v2.0 today, with Corsair VALUE SELECT ram and 2500+, and was BLOWN AWAY when I could POST up to 243mhz with sync'd memory and a 7.5x multiplier (just trying to test the limits of the fsb). Next I wanted to test the max clock speed of the CPU, so I set it to 12.5x166=2000mhz, no problem

the bad: It doesn't want to POST at 9x200=1800mhz, even though the cpu is technically UNDERclocked, and I know the board will handle the fsb

what's going on here?!? any suggestions?

RobP4P i hear ya

with my 256mb of pc2700 i couldn't run stable in sync at 166 fsb but i can run 200 fsb with memory in sync perfectly stable

go figure....

You should try another multiplier. Instead of 9 maybe 9,5 or 8,5. If I can remember, I also had problems with multiplier 9.

Keep me informed...

I also have one question for you: The highest selectable FSB for me is 233. You said you reached 243. How can this be?? My Bios is the Uber Bios 1005.

Last edited:
i had the exact same problem like yours. i to have an a7n8x mobo.
all u gotta do is remove the fsb jumper selector from the motherboard and then reset to defaults. thats it.
worked for me.
give it a try.

Back