• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yog

So I need a new motherboard and will be running a slow 1.2 to start with and will be upgrading later on. I will get 512 of PC3200 (probably Corsair XMS) and want to know what kind of motherboard to get. Here are the ones that I am considering.

1. Asus A7N8X costs around 110.00 but have heard lots of bad things about it, people having to return it like 4 times and it still doesn't work.

2. Epox 8RDA3+ Costs around 122 and I haven't heard anything about it.

3. Chaintek CT-7NJS Costs are around 140 and haven't heard anything.

4. MSI K7N2 Delta cost around 90

5. Solotek SL-75FRN2 cost around 95

6. Leadtek K7NCR18D costs around 80

7. Gigabyte GA-7N400-L1 (just found it in the classifieds)

Which one should I get? I am planning on running my 1.2 and 512 MB to play games and surf the net. I will be running a Radeon 8500 LE. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Most p[eople here would pick the Abit NF7 which you don't have on your list for some reason. The Epox also is very popular overclocker.

I have had bad experiences with Abit in the past and would like to steet clear of them.

I have heard that the Gigabyte board won't overclock
I have heard good things about the solotek boards though

Well then the next obvious choice is the Asus A7N8X since you have already ruled out the NF7. Have fun, it looks from your sig that your cpu isnt the only thing lacking. Getting a good mobo is a wise choice to start the upgrade process.

So far my Chaintech Zenith Ultra seems like a good board. Alot of options nice bundle and a handle remote which is nice. As soo as I get my tubing I'll let you know how well it OCs. The one thing I like about it is the fact it has Vcore of 2.15 if needed which means no vol mods. The and it supports the new 200FSB CPUs.

OK I am down to the Epox board (the 8RDA+ not the 3+) or the Asus board (not deluxe). Which do people suggest?

I am planning on running 2 sticks of 256 Geil PC3200 DDR, a 2.6 or a 2.7, and a Radeon 8500 LE. Which board would be better for that setup?

Thanks in advance

Back