• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

options to lock PCI fsb or whatever...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arnoldma

wheres the option to keep the PCI and AGP slots locked on nf7-s v2.0, just incase i wanna check it, because i think it might be unlock cuz i went above 200fsb and enabled cpu interface...

i was wondering this because sometimes when i play wc3 the gfx gos really really wierd where its like all the pixels r messed up and in different places so it looks just like pixels of different colors but u can still make out the image. and when i use alt+tab, to minimiz and then re-open it its fine again!

what should set the AGP aperture (or whatever it is) size to if my gfx card is a 128mb radeon, currently at 64mb i think.

last thing, sometimes when i open IE it popups a little yellow speach box (a winxp thing) in the bottom right corner saying some file in my temp. internet fold is corrupt... is that to do with my PCI fsb been out of spec, thus HDD corrupting? i really hope not!

ps. i dont think its my cpu been unstable cuz its been folding gormacs core now for about 3 days non stop, but i dont know...

any help plz! thanks.

EDIT: runing cpu at 211x11 with 1.85vcore and 47-49C FULL load, dont know idle temp. everything else is same as sig

The bios allows you to manually set the AGP speed. Just set it to 66mhz and you should be all set. If I remember correctly, it is on the same screen as CPU overclock control.

You can't unlock the PCI as the board is automaticly aways PCI locked. So you won't see any unlock or PCI speed option. The AGP is also locked but you can adjust the speed if you want.

Locked PCI & AGP is an overclocker's dream because you have much more fsb control without worrying whether the PCI devices are running out of spec.

A lot of other settings can also affect you overclock stability.

what about AGP Aperture Size? what should i set it to when i have a 128mb radeon9700pro. also what does it actually do??

Well from my experience, it could be one or more of the following 4 things (in order from most to least probable) (in my humble opinion):

1- A bad driver, ATI has been know to do bad drivers in the past since it's not I new model, it could simply be that the driver is broken...

2- Your RAM is clocked to high which cause corruption and affect the video card since it shares RAM with it.

3- You have 1 or more bad DIMM in your computer.

4- Your videocard is damaged or is dying.

oh crap i really dont like the last two...

hmmm, dont really know what to do now! any ideas? how should i test whatever u guys think its broken...

also i can fold gormacs core on this thing 24/7 stable, and prime95, but soemtimes after leaving it on for some days it just randomly restarts it self...

locked PCI isn't my dream. 1/8 divisors are my dream. overclocking the PCI bus gives a great performance boost. with a 1/8 divisor you could run 304FSB (608DDR) with the PCI bus at 38Mhz.

The Blazer said:
2- Your RAM is clocked to high which cause corruption and affect the video card since it shares RAM with it.

This is the major reason for a corruption...99% of the time to fix this issue, all you have to do is lower the FSB or relaxe the timing of the memory or raise the memory voltage...

emericanchaos said:
locked PCI isn't my dream. 1/8 divisors are my dream. overclocking the PCI bus gives a great performance boost. with a 1/8 divisor you could run 304FSB (608DDR) with the PCI bus at 38Mhz.

Your HDs are off the PCI bus and will corrupt if run too fast.

Audioaficionado said:
Your HDs are off the PCI bus and will corrupt if run too fast.

PCI.JPG

;)

Back