• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp Readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

340Duster

I have some temp descrepancys I would like to resolve. The software that came with my mobo reads around 54C under load, however MBM 5's warmest sensor reads around 49C, which I assume to be the cpu. The lower reading also seems to be closer to what the BIOS reads. Any ideas?

i'd go with the bios / mbm temps. U can always use a cheap thermometer to check the sink.

whats the load situation on these temp readings?

MSI boards read directly the die temps from the on-die diode and they used to read really precisely. But most of the guys out there feel much more comfortable if they see lower temps (the temps they receive from their mobo's thermistors which of course do not reflect the actual die temps). I think MSI noticed that and I am sure they tweak now the temps to read lower for your comfort. Thats why I don't trust anymore neither the temps in the BIOS nor the temps in their crappy software. I think if 54° is the actual die temp this will be more then okay for you. The most accurate way is to use an external thermometer I agree.

Back