• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a7n8x wasn't stable at 200fsb, now it is?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RobP4P

I guess it just needed to burn in a little better. When I first got the board I couldn't get it stable at any more than 192 fsb.

Now, about a week later, just on a whim I lowered the multiplier and tried to up the fsb to 195. Worked like a charm.

Pushing my luck like any good overclocker, I raised it to 200, and again the desktop popped up faster than I deserve.

After a night of prime95 I might push my luck even further. I love this $69 refurb!!!

a7n8x deluxe ver2.0
2x256 corsair value select pc3200 @ sync with fsb 6-3-3-2.5, 2.7V vdimm
agressive cpu interface

currently running 9.5 x 210fsb!!! ran prime95 all night

whoever returned this board is missing out!

BTW, sorry to change the topic, but what does the "aggressive cpu interface" change? Does it change other settings that can't be changed in the BIOS. I know when I chose that with two different oc settings less aggressive than what I have now, that I can't boot Windows. It won't explain in the manual and haven't found an explanation of it anywhere else.

usp8riot said:
BTW, sorry to change the topic, but what does the "aggressive cpu interface" change? Does it change other settings that can't be changed in the BIOS. I know when I chose that with two different oc settings less aggressive than what I have now, that I can't boot Windows. It won't explain in the manual and haven't found an explanation of it anywhere else.

i really have no idea...but I like having it on

Back