• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Im confused...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Other Cow

Lo' everyone. this is my first post. im so proud of myself.

Anyway, Recently I installed a new Copper heatsink onto my Processer (a Amd thunderbird 1.33ghz, not overclocked because im a lamo :( ) because the fan on my other one died. The temperature of my CPU averages out around 48C. Out of my curiosity, I somehow ended up opening up my case and touching my heatsinc, and it was not warm at all.

Now, when I had my old aluminum heatsinc, it would get quite hot. there is an incredibly noticable diffrence in the temperatures of the heatsink.
Could my Heatsink be installed impropperly? (I had a close friend by the alias of "GlitchOfDoom" do it for me.) or is it just the properties of the metal that cause this?

Man im such a noob!

it very well could be. what heatsink is it and did you put the recessed notch on the side of the raised part of the socket?

oh yeah

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!!

:D

well, if your temps are 48C, then it probably isn't installed wrong, but it may not be installed really tightly.

Back