• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this handle a tornado?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7h3r4py

Enermax 5.25" 6-Channel Fan Controller

The specifications for the Tornado (80mm version) are:

Dimensions 80 x 80 x 38 mm
Weight 175g
Rated Voltage 12V
Rated Power 9.1W
Rated Current 0.76 amp
Fan Speed 5700 rpm
Airflow 84.1 CFM
Noise = 55.2 dB
Bearing System = Double Ball Bearing

But I do not know which electrical figure I need to look at. Also I cannot find any ratings for what the Enermax can handle.

Oh and one other thing, I am having trouble finding somewhere in the UK that sells the Enermex. I know I should ask that in the vendors forum but I thought I would add it on here for luck. I already tried all the sites in the stuck thread in the vendors forums so I do not know where to look now.

As far as I know, you need to look at the wattage of the fan, in this case with the Tornado, 9.1 Watts. You then need to look at the wattage per channel of the rheobus. I picked up a Sunbeam from SVC, 20 Watts per channel, handles most anything thrown at it. That Enermax looks nice though, and I haven't seen any new rheobuses that didn't have at least 15 watts per channel. My bet is you are safe. Anyone know differently?

Yeah, you'll have to get a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter to connect to a rheobus. Can be found pretty cheap though.

I had a feeling it was the wattage but I cannot find a wattage rating for the Enermax :\

Yes I realise I will need a 4-pin to 3-pin adapter ;)

I was thinking (hoping? lol) that it would have atleast 10W per channel so I would be OK but I wanted to check.

Now all I have to do is find somewhere to buy it from...

Back