• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well this isn't fun! Help??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OnDborder

Hi y'all..
Well I built up my Intel system and am having some problems/questions for the people who know better..

Ok first the problem, I cannot get 3dmark 2001se to run. I get a message to "downgrade" my settings. My settings are "balanced" in the rage3d tweaker.. Why won't it run??
I noticed bad quality while playing UT2k3 so I ran the 3dmark.. I have the 3.5 cats installed after a fresh install of w2kpro..

Second, I cannot get through 3dmark03 either..
My radeon didn't have any problems running these on my 8rda+ system..

How to disable the "gaming accelerator"? I have it on "auto" at the moment.
I flashed to 1.3 bios successfully..

What should the THRM-throttling be set at and what does it do??

In the "softmenu" area in the bios, the cpu operating speed is at 200/160.. Is the 160 the ram bus??

Ok, I figured out what was going on with my v.card.
Can I have a little help on the other questions, please??

Don't worry about the thermal setting - it only comes into play if your cpu is overheating because your heatsink is sorely inadequate. The other bios setting sounds like a fsb/mem ratio, but I'm not certain since I don't have the board.

yeah i think the 200/160 is a 5:4 cpu to mem ratio.

Yes it is..

1:1 is basically running SYNC (same fsb for CPU and RAM)
5:4 is the RAM running 80% of the CPU FSB speed.
3:2 is 66%..mainly used to find the max fsb of the CPU.

I find it strange that you can't run through 3DMark with Auto settings in GAT.. You can disable it in the bios if need-be.

Are you running 2 x 256MB or 1 x 512MB?

I'd suggest running a 5:4 ratio, set the CPU fsb to 250, and the RAM will be at 200.
I'd also suggest running your RAM at 2.7v (just cuz the Abits seem to undervolt).

Yay,, thank you for the replies.

I made it through 3dmark, finally Ok but with only a score of 12,850.. I think my Vantec tornado, which was on the same power line, was messin' with the components it was on the same power source. I had problems with the floppy drive when it was on that line and problems with the cd-drive when on the same line. So now the fan is on it's own dedicated power line.

My vcore is one notch above default, 1.50??, I think. My ram voltage is at 2.6..
I did switch out my Buffalo for some 3500 CorsairXMS 2x256..
And the ratio is 1:1..

I am having problems playing UT2k3.. Do you think I need to bump up the vcore? How high is too high?? I've read that 1.7 is the max..

Also, I do need to have that ATX power line plugged in right?? You know the square, 4 pin plug..

Congrats on the marriage...May you have a happy and prosperous one...

Since you're running a 1:1 ratio, what fsb and memory timings are you using? Are you running stock FSB for the CPU or the memory?
Running the memory at 433MHz, would still be an overclock for the CPU (although not a huge one). Since you're using Corsair, I wouldn't use below 2.6v - that's just been my experience.
You shouldn't have to adjust the AGP voltage at all. Did you remember to lock the AGP/PCI slot frequencies?

Using stock settings for your CPU and VC should produce mid-15's in 3dMark.

My Abit board has both Power connections, so I use them both.. I'm not really a PSU expert though, so I just bought the most powerful one I could get.. LOL!!

Thanks for the well-wishes!! We leave for our honeymoon on Thursday!! woo hoo!!

Since I'm rather new on the Intel stuff, I left it at 2400(200) in the CPU operating speed..
"In the mid-15's", that makes me wonder what's up with this..
As my sig says, Enermax 430.

Question on the "Game accelerator". If I were to choose "Turbo" do I leave the rest of the options on "auto"?

If your board has the aux power connector it's there for a reason - definitely use it.

I think I had the same plug option for a AMD msi turbo mobo, or one of my amd boards, and I didn't need to use it. That's kinda why I was asking.

Back