• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Replacing Lian Li Pc60 Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay8oP

well i replaced them with these ys tech fans and now since its summer my cpu is at 50c i was wondering if it would be better to replace the fans again for higher air flow fans or just leave it. i have 4 of those fans 2 in front 1 in back and 1 on alpha pal8942 and a enermax 350watt whisper psu, any suggestions would be appreciated thanks in advance.

I used those exact fans one at point in my PC60. I found them to be too loud for me. It doesn't get too hot where I live during the summer. Currently I'm using Panaflo L1As for my case fans. Anyway you might want to check out Y.S. Tech's adjustable 80mm case fans. That way you can adjust them to a higher speed during the hot days and then slow them down on colder days.

Size: (mm) 80x80x25
Noise: (dB) 30
Airflow: (CFM) 37
Speed: (RPM) 2500
Pulse wire (y/n) Yes
Connector: (3 or 4) 3 or 4 pin choice
Bearing Type: (s/b) ball bearing x 2

that is from the website. how loud is loud? if it is like a delta black label no thanks! i heard the sunon 50CFM's before and there not really that loud so i might go with them or a alternative, and thank you! i usually surf the boards and read posts since i usually have nothing good to post :p

37CFM for your ALPHA?!?!?!?!?! Thats not enough for your HS, you need something with more CFM like in the 80CFM range. The Tornado is a lot louder than the Delta Black label:eek:

could you recommend me a good one? i dont want a ear shattering fan now. cause i sleep pretty much 4 feet away from my tower.

THE LISTENING ROOM is your first stop. Check out the 80mm - 92mm fans with 64CFM - 120CFM & see which ones you can tolerate, save the sounds & try playing them for a few hours until you get a feel for it. Hopefully you have one of the fans that are in the library so you can calibrate your speakers to the right level, this way its a much more realistic experience.

i dont think i can fit a 92mm on my hsf, so what do you think about the sunon 50cfm for intake should i get it for outtake too?

Swap to water cooling, then you can keep those gloriously quiet evercool fans LoL!

Jay8oP said:
i dont think i can fit a 92mm on my hsf, so what do you think about the sunon 50cfm for intake should i get it for outtake too?

It can fit if you mod it but if you want a direct replacement the Delta 80mm 64CFM is a good fan to start with, if it's too loud you can always use a rheostat to slow it down or do a 5V Mod.

Replacing the case fans with the Sunon 80mm 50CFM would be a step up in performance but there is more to just filling your case with fans. Clean up all the cables & wires so airflow is not restricted & see what you get. Do you get a large temp drop with the side panel removed? If yes then that would mean you need to take a look at increasing your intake & making sure you have enough exhaust also.

What are the room temps like? I think you need to increase your CPU's fan but if the ambient temps are hot then you wont see much of an improvement in terms of a drop in overall temp readings but you will gain some stability.

Im currently running two 58cfm delta on the front of my PC-61.
I normally have them on low or medium when using the computer, but i can get some kicking airflow when I need it.

Sonny said:
37CFM for your ALPHA?!?!?!?!?! Thats not enough for your HS, you need something with more CFM like in the 80CFM range. The Tornado is a lot louder than the Delta Black label:eek:

Ssshh.. don't tell that to my brother's heatsink. He's running an L1A right now, which is definitly not 37cfm.

Also, wasn't he looking for front intake fans? 74cfm intake isn't anything to sneeze at.

Don't let the rabid overkill enthuasists on these forums convert you - 50C is fine just fine for a CPU. For some reason, everyone around here would rather have a fan thats 4 times louder just to get a core temperature 3C lower.

Last edited:
i think im just gonna get the sunon 50cfms all round 2 in front 1 in back and 1 on the hsf hopefully it shouldnt be that loud to keep me up at night. oh yeah where i can i buy them at :p

Jay8oP said:
i think im just gonna get the sunon 50cfms all round 2 in front 1 in back and 1 on the hsf hopefully it shouldnt be that loud to keep me up at night. oh yeah where i can i buy them at :p
You should balance the intake and exhaust cfm to get better airflow thru your case. You don't want to have more air in than you have going out of the case.

texasfit said:

You should balance the intake and exhaust cfm to get better airflow thru your case. You don't want to have more air in than you have going out of the case.

how would i go about doing that? my enermax psu already has 2 fans not sure on the cfm though.

Jay8oP said:

how would i go about doing that? my enermax psu already has 2 fans not sure on the cfm though.
Your PSU has one exhaust fan and one intake fan, so you should only consider the exhaust fan. I usually only consider the PSU for about 20cfm output. Simply add up the cfm's in/out and get it as close as possible to the same.

Namagomi said:
Ssshh.. don't tell that to my brother's heatsink. He's running an L1A right now, which is definitly not 37cfm.

Also, wasn't he looking for front intake fans? 74cfm intake isn't anything to sneeze at.

Don't let the rabid overkill enthuasists on these forums convert you - 50C is fine just fine for a CPU. For some reason, everyone around here would rather have a fan thats 4 times louder just to get a core temperature 3C lower.

The ALPHA 8942 on an Intel doing 50°C is something o be worried about. Telling someone that its "just fine" is reckless IMNSHO. I would rather air on the safe side instead of doing something that you feel is adequate.

Jay8oP - Before you go out & buy fans give my sugestions a try first, it'll only cost you a bit of time. No one case is the same just because people route their wires differently & with the Lian Li cases the HDD & Cage are the first parts to block the airflow. Only when you find a measurable drop in temps from re-organizing your components &/or cleaning up the wires can you start looking into more CFM thru your case. The Begginer Guides link I posted above should help you with your system cooling strategy.

texasfit said:

Your PSU has one exhaust fan and one intake fan, so you should only consider the exhaust fan. I usually only consider the PSU for about 20cfm output. Simply add up the cfm's in/out and get it as close as possible to the same.

Nah, enermaxes normally put out some decent air on "high" he should be fine just fine

And if you think 50C is "reckless" temp for a P4, then Dell is a downright sociopathic company, having hunderds of thousands of P4's that run at or above 50C everyday. The rule I follow is "if it's stable, it's cool enough." Why? Because most aftermarket air cooling solutions are incredible overkill compared to OEM counterparts, and the only reason so many overclockers are scared of the number 50 is because it's big and round, not because it's 1 degree above 49. A CPU isn't water, and 50C isn't it's boiling point.

Long story short, sure, more air cooling wouldn't hurt, but why put up with the unneeded noise?

Last edited:
Sonny: my case has rounded cables so there isnt much wires to block air flow, my harddrives might block it though since they are in back of the intake fans but i only put 2 drives in the rack with 3 spaces so air can pass through.

Turd Furguson: yes my system is overclocked it is a p4 1.6a @ 2.3ghz since the weather is weird in new york my comp idles at around 45-50 and a load temp of close to 60.

texasfit: if i were to get the sunon 50cfm the total would be 100cfm intake and 70cfm outtake, since you said the psu outputs about 20cfm.

50*C is just fine IMO. As long as you don't get in the upper 60's at load you don't have anything to worry bout.

Would you mind bumping your CPU back down to stock speeds and telling us some temperature readings? That way we can better see the trend on how much you heat up doing the overclock.

Back