• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian Li O11D XL + Air cooling only fan placement.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maculosa

Registered
Hi,

I'm curently building my new PC and i have a Lian Li O11D XL case that i will just cool with AIR only.

I'm at this stage for the moment (GPU not installed yet but it's Sapphire Radeon 5700XT Nitro +)

lianlixl.jpg

* All the fans are 120 mm *

For the moment i put 1 rear exhast fan to exhaust the hot air from the Dark rock pro 4 cpu cooler.
I put 3 exhaust top fan and put 3 intake side fan.

I'm wondering if it could be better to not put the 3 side inkage fan to the bottom to have the air pushed by the bottom fan going directly to top exhast fans? (no side fans)
Sure this way will have some obstable like the big cooler and the GPU.

Also i heard is better to have a positive air flow into the case to prevent dust accumulation. (and i hate dust!!) my current setup is more negative/neutral than positive. (3 intake vs 4 exhaut)

How would you manage my fans set in my case?

Take note that i still have 3 more fans that i can install if needed, (10 total fans)

Thanks

As would I.

Personal note: Don't really care for the case design for air cooling. It's more of a water cooling case.

I believe the xl will fit most air coolers, not sure if that is the gist here on not being able to use a sizable cooler like the non xl

Back