• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is the IC7 Shipping with the 'new' Fan yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nopers, at least I ordered mine from Googlegear the other day and still has the older fan on it. :( Wish I had a the newer one but oh well life sucks, just gotta live with it or RMA it when the new one comes out. RMA I highly disagree to expesially if theres nothing wrong with it.

It was stated that the board would come out sometime in the Q3-Q4 of this year. So a good guess would be sometime later Q3 if not Q4 probley.

I think you can buy the fans on Excaliberpc.com. They deal with Abit a lot and I know that they have the I/O panels and bios chips. :edit: They don't have that exact fan but they do have nb fans. Maybe they'll get a supply of those in.

Is yours giving you problems? Or are you questioning when to buy the IC7-G with hopes of getting the new nb fan?

fernis said:
Is yours giving you problems? Or are you questioning when to buy the IC7-G with hopes of getting the new nb fan?

Ok, thanks guys.. Looks like I might need to wait a tiny bit then. Where was the info that said Q3/ Q4? Is that a newer revision board that's coming out then or just a revised fan?

No problems here, just asking so I know when to buy and get the newer fan, yes. I thought it's time to move on from my trusty ABIT BD7.

There is a post in another forum of a guy receiving an IS7 with a new nb fan from newegg. Maybe the newer IC7's are getting close;)

Nomjr or anyone else, do you have a link for that post? I had been thinking it would be a while until the new NB fan would come out, but if it's not much longer, I might wait on my purchase until they are out in full force.

Anyone know if it actually is a better/or quieter NB cooler?

do you know what version it is?

All of the originals have the 1.0 bios and normal fan, and are labled v1.0. It would be interesting to see what yours is...

Just got a new IC7-G from my local dealer yesterday that had a fresh shipment come in the day before. Same revision, same fan! The package now comes with an eRMA form once you open up the box.

My temp readings are much more accurate, roughly 5C better, plus my +12V is better, idling at 11.93v instead of 11.8v. Best of all my vCore idles at 1.73v inistead of 1.71v when using 1.75v in the BIOS.

The last 4 digits of my serial number is IC7-G XXXXX3958.

I forgot to mention that the audio output no longer picks up my hard disk access at high volume!

I'm much happier now! This is my 3rd Ic7-G!

In case anyone wants to know, you can get the IC7/IS7 boards with the NEW NB fan at http://www.excaliberpc.com/ As they put on their webpage: "Guaranteed with new version of round bluish silver aluminum northbridge chipset fan!"

The price with shipping was good too for an IC7, so I ordered one last night. Can't wait until it all my new gear gets here late this week!:D

But guys.. what revision are they? These boards may be a quiet fix that Abit is doing, and it sure would be nice to know about it..

I post any info on mine once I get it-hopefully on Friday via Fedex. But I've heard nothing official and seen nothing un-official on revisions.

I must say the new fan looks quite nice, does the newer fan offer better cooling and the likes? Whats also new on the board?

Last edited:
I just got mine today, but it's not fired up yet. Haven't gotten the CPU yet. It says Rev. 1.0 on my IC7 that has the new fan.

ah man y does all the good sites are located in CA. TAX is like $50 for the ammount of money i spent. Sigh :(

JimmyZzzzz said:
I just got mine today, but it's not fired up yet. Haven't gotten the CPU yet. It says Rev. 1.0 on my IC7 that has the new fan.

BTW what serial number does your IC7-G say? Just interested to know what new numbers the new fans are shipping with.

Just saw the question. I had/will have an IC-7 (Non-G). I say "had" because a couple hours after I got it setup, one of the posts holding down the northbridge heatsink popped out of the board!:eek: So, I quickly RMA'd the board and should get a replacement in a couple days. Sorry, but I didn't get a chance to look at the serial on the old one. I'll try to remember to check out the new one though.

I am a bit worried about this: The old northbridge HSF was attached to all four posts around the northbridge. This new HSF of Abit's is attached to only TWO of the posts. Not having seen/felt the old HSF, I have no idea if this new one exerts the same amount of force per post, but my concern is that it will exert more since it is attached only to two, not all four. And since many people have had these posts pop off when all four posts hold down the HSF, I wonder if this will be worse. Oh well, I suppose I could always switch from one set of two posts to the other set of two posts if a post pops off on the new board. Or even get an alternate HS for it.

Back